You are known for your ability to be nimble and adaptable while being strategic. You balance this with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to be tactical. You enjoy collaborating with many functional areas in an organization and always deliver outstanding customer service to your internal clients.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Marketing Specialist will plan, develop and implement integrated marketing campaigns for select AAOS products, courses, services and related programs, as assigned. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure marketing objectives are met through the strategic and tactical integrated marketing communication plans; working with MarCom and AAOS Channels to execute deliverables; utilizing creative and operational resources within allocations and budget; using key metrics to assess if programs are meeting goals; and refining and tweaking plans based on metrics and results of programs.
The Marketing Specialist will support the needs of education, commercial solutions, and quality program/products, and additional areas, as assigned. Collaboration with internal clients and peers within the Marketing, Communications, and Membership department is critical. The Marketing Manager will be act as Marketo administrator, therefore, a solid foundation and working knowledge of Marketo is essential.
- Provide marketing planning and support for assigned AAOS products, programs, services, and projects. Develop strategic approaches, apply tactical schedules, and craft creative strategies for marketing plans to achieve business goals.
- Responsible for overall marketing project management, including executing marketing plans and communications programs for assigned projects on schedule. Provide day-to-day coordination of in-house resources and external vendors engaged in activities supporting assigned marketing projects. Communicate and collaborate with other AAOS project and marketing staff to successfully market assigned AAOS products and services. Standardize reporting of key performance metrics and analyze results to optimize campaign success. Including: Drafting creative strategies, developing promotional schedules, writing marketing copy for various media, directing in-house/external creative, print, digital, and distribution vendors.
- Structuring the planning, development, implementation, versioning, deployment, and metrics of promotional email campaigns within our email automation platform (currently Marketo) which works with Personify, our Association Management platform.
- Managing project-related expenses, develop budgets, and maintain financial reports in a manner consistent with AAOS policy. Prepare reports, forecasts, and marketing recommendations to assist Academy staff with short and long-term budget planning. Ensure organization reporting through PowerBI and dashboards are focused on key metrics that are meaningful to leadership and product owners.
- Preparing and/or coordinating competitive market analyses, promotional recommendations, marketing strategies, campaign results, and other context and topics to various AAOS staff, committees, or governance bodies as necessary.
- Assisting in the internal planning and coordination to support any program/product planning at the AAOS Annual meeting, as well as any external society conference or tradeshow that may be needed to promote Academy offerings. Duties can range from planning, promotion, and budgeting related to the exhibit.
- Trafficking materials internally and externally to obtain approvals, and meeting production schedules through AAOS channels, including maintaining and updating time-sensitive assigned areas of the AAOS website (EpiServer); launching programs and products with PR team; content creation for member communications (articles, podcasts); social media; and/or direct mail
- Adhering to AAOS branding guidelines, help to develop, refine, maintain assigned program/product brand standards and ensure that they are followed in other AAOS channels
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- 4-6 years of progressively responsible marketing experience with emphasis on education, membership, health care, and/or related products/programs
- Experience with automation software platforms to deploy and manage email campaigns, list segmentation, and nurture campaigns (Marketo)
- Understanding and experience with content marketing strategies and using digital tactics to reach desired outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing and executing marketing plans, employing a variety media and vehicles in the integrated marketing communications mix
- Outstanding ability in written and oral communication, including promotional copy, presentation and report writing
- Excellent organizational skills and teamwork orientation
- Proficient with layout software applications; Adobe Suite preferred to do/coordinate basic design functions to size/resize images for email, banners, website, and PDFs
- Marketing technology knowledge needed – email deployment, list segmentation, PowerBI reporting, website page creation and maintenance (Episerver). Target and retargeting paid ad knowledge, Google Analytics, SEO, SEM, and understanding of social campaigns experience
- Keeping current with best practices in email marketing and automation strategies
- Degree in Marketing, Marketing Communications, Strategic Digital Communications
- Association experience, health care marketing experience, or business-to-business marketing
- Understanding of membership marketing
- Client services advertising agency experience a plus
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and any additional materials that support your application.
JOB CODE: HR/MM21