Betaworks Studios, the clubhouse for the tech community, is interviewing for an experienced candidate to join our team as our Growth Marketing Manager. You’ll be responsible for the overall growth of our membership, owning strategy, and leading execution for all paid and owned marketing channels. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about marketing and technology as well as culture, community, and diversity.
You should have extensive experience with performance marketing, as well as the creativity and confidence to experiment with new ways of reaching our audience. You are a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team and build alignment for key marketing initiatives.
No one has come before you in this role, so you must be comfortable forging new paths, figuring out where to start, and evaluating tools to help scale your efforts. You are data-driven and have highly-honed instincts — and sensitive to nuance. As one of the first members of our Marketing team, you will have the opportunity to shape the path of future Studios launches and provide insights and recommendations to improve the business. You are whip-smart, inquisitive, extremely detail-oriented, highly organized, enjoy working with data sets, and have gotten your feet wet in the NYC tech scene. You will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Develop membership pipeline and drive memberships
- Drive awareness and ticket sales for virtual and in-person events
- Map the member journey and develop both communications and new products that continually surpass member expectations
- Test, measure, analyze, and optimize everything — Define and track metrics of success across the business
- Develop and coordinate integrated marketing and comms campaigns across web, social, PR, email, and other channels
- Partner with our creative team to develop visual assets
- Manage ongoing updates to our web and other owned channels
- Design experiments aimed at understanding customer behavior and attendance patterns to drive strategic decisions at the company
- Create new datasets for the rest of the organization to understand and act on insights collected
- Continually audit and improve site systems and comms processes
- 3-5 years experience in growth marketing
- 1-2 years start-up experience a plus
- Passion for technology, startups, and entrepreneurs
- Excellent communication skills — you love expressing complex ideas simply and elegantly
- Comfortable with open-ended problems, willing to work hard, and take the initiative
- Experience in working with analytics platforms and data programs
- Eager to test and use new programs and technology — you’ve done this before
- Eye for details and design — you like assets pixel perfect
- Comfort in a fast-paced, think on your feet environment — you can mode switch and juggle multiple projects with ease
- Incredible at problem-solving — you’re resourceful and adaptable, a bit of a hacker sometimes
- Familiar with, and — you bet! — already a fan of the Betaworks spirit
- Competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for you and your family/spouse/legal dependents offered at 3 tiers
- Matched 401K retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Free membership to One Medical
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter and FSA benefits
- Flexible PTO
- A fast-paced yet supportive + awesome place to work
- Free snacks and coffee
- A beautiful workspace in the Meatpacking District, alongside the High Line, Whitney, and Standard Hotel
- Working in proximity to the other Betaworks teams (Camps, Ventures)
- Access to all company organized events, like weekly demos, betas, talks, presentations, and lunches that define the Betaworks & Studios experience
- A primary role at an early stage business building many, many things from the ground up
- Expansive access to Betaworks resources and experts, including investing, branding, finance, and operations
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
About Betaworks Studios
Betaworks Studios is an innovative social club and workspace supporting the founder community. We operate a physical members-only space in New York City's Meatpacking District, where we also curate public and private events. We host and support a virtual community of members from across the globe, with online tools and regular virtual events. Studios members include entrepreneurs, startup founders, and investors - with an emphasis on people building frontier tech.
Betaworks is a New York-based venture fund and accelerator. We also build communities. We're a diverse team, but we have one thing in common: we're all passionate builders. Our former startup studio produced companies like GIPHY, Dots, bitly, Digg, Anchor, Instapaper, Tweetdeck, Chartbeat, and many others. At Betaworks we are focused on building for tomorrow. We are continually thinking, ideating and creating around what we’re passionate about; growing startups.