Who we are:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to inspire change around the most critical social issues facing our country. We produce and activate communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk" and Love Has No Labels." Our unprecedented efforts around COVID-19 now include the largest communications initiative in U.S. history, It's Up To You, which educates Americans about the COVID-19 vaccines.
About the role:
The Freelance Director for Talent Partnerships will oversee Creators for Good, the Ad Council's in-house influencer marketing and engagement program, which engages talent on behalf of the Ad Council and the organization's more than 30 social good campaigns.
Creators for Good matches Ad Council campaigns with influencers (including social media and traditional talent, athletes and musicians) to star in, develop content, promote and advocate on behalf of social good initiatives in areas including diversity, health, education and the environment. The Freelance Director will be responsible for establishing and managing industry relationships, pitching social good campaigns to relevant contacts, collaborating with agencies and media companies on casting opportunities, leading strategic planning, content production and evaluation.
What you'll do:
- Lead all talent brokering, fee negotiating, and oversee contract drafting on behalf of a dozen or more non-profit, government, and Ad Council owned campaigns.
- Develop and manage relationships with influencers, talent managers, agents, and press representatives and serve as the face of the Ad Council in the talent and entertainment world.
- Develop and present internal and consumer-facing results on influencer partnerships for sponsors and Ad Council staff.
- Identify and recruit production companies and partners (with an emphasis on diversity) and negotiate low bono rates for production.
- Supervise and oversee talent content production.
- Oversee and manage event details for summer Creators for Good Summit—a digital event bringing together top talent around a social cause.
Manage Talent and Entertainment Partnerships Assistant, summer intern and freelance employees (as needed).
What you bring:
- 5-10 years of experience in influencer marketing.
- Knowledge of industry players and prior work and success with talent partnerships.
- Experience working with micro and macro influencers, celebrities, athletes and other talent who could be a match for a social good campaign.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Social Media savvy – experience with the most popular and emerging platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, Musical.ly etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Team Player who works well with others across departments
What we're committed to:
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need reasonable accommodations for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below.
How to reach us:
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
Fax (212) 922-1676
Attn: Talent Team
815 2nd Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017