Virginia Economic Development Partnership
|Title: 3D Modeler and Animator
|Location: Richmond, VA
|The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced 3D modeler and animator to build and deliver creative assets that will visually communicate learning concepts through various mediums. They will work collaboratively with instructional designers and project managers within the world-class Talent Solutions Division’s Talent Accelerator Program.
The ideal candidate is a conceptual and critical thinker who has experience working with production teams, transforming ideas into creative visual solutions for complex learning concepts. The 3D Illustrations and animations you create will ultimately be used in new-hire training for our manufacturing clients that is fully customized to their unique processes, equipment, procedures and standards. This training will be part of a comprehensive suite that includes training in leadership, collaboration, quality systems, and automation technologies.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the world’s most prestigious companies as they deploy leading edge technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations. You will do this as an employee of VEDP, which offers a highly attractive compensation package, featuring a defined benefit retirement program that fully vests in just five years. Ultimately, our division’s goal is to create a top ranked program that competes with existing industry leaders.
The position will report directly to the Managing Director of Visualization Services, Talent Accelerator Program.
- Translate complex ideas and/or processes into easy-to-understand visual explanations through illustration, 3D modeling, animation and motion graphics.
- Conceptualize and build a variety of models and content for course videos and learning modules.
- Actively collaborate with internal instructional designers, project managers, and the video production team, as well as external production teams to create visual solutions that meet learning objectives.
- Create these visual solutions using 3DS Max, Substance, PhotoShop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premier.
- Help build and maintain a comprehensive and searchable creative asset library of animation and graphic assets.
- At least 2-3 years of experience modeling, animating, texturing, unwrapping, rigging, rendering and compositing in 3DS Max, Maya, Solidworks, (or similar/equivalent software), for use primarily in technical training.
- Ability to interpret and graphically illustrate varied content for a broad range of subject areas such as manufacturing, distribution and professional services.
- A strong foundational knowledge of design, typography, color, layout and visual timing.
- Ability to collaborate within a team to foster an environment of innovation, creativity and trust.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to work efficiently, independently and on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and flexible to changing priorities.
- A strong conceptual and critical thinker.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Substantial experience developing and delivering graphics services, technical illustrations, etc. to support training in manufacturing environments.
- Experience working in the Adobe Creative Suite, esp. Illustrator, PhotoShop, After Effects and Premier.
- Substantial experience in an organization whose core business is developing and delivering training services to external clients.
- Experience developing with SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Experience developing for Google Glass, Microsoft HoloLens and virtual reality applications for manufacturing environments.
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. A valid Virginia driver’s license is required. Application deadline: April 30, 2021.
- Collaborative and operationally-minded contributor who inspires innovation, delivers results and can also leverage opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Verbal and written communication expertise.
- Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment.
- Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.