Talent Zoo

Awesome Jobs, Great Companies, & Hot Talent
menu button
Bookmark and Share
November 18, 2009
SEO and Website Development Now go Hand in Hand
 

Web developers have been around for almost as long as the search engine optimization industry so why is it taking so long for the two to really cross paths and just unite and work together? Having a smart web developer at your business is a great asset, so is a knowledgeable search engine optimization expert. Very rarely do you stumble across a web developer that is high skilled in search engine optimization or vice versa.

SEO has many definitions depending on who you speak with. If you asked 20 different people what a web developer does you would get roughly similar answers. Now if you ask 20 different people what SEO is you will most likely get 20 different answers as well. SEO is really split into two different parts. The first is roughly 30% development and the remaining 70% is purely marketing. Web developers by nature are usually highly technical individuals with very precise technical skills. Unfortunately highly technical experts usually but not always lack in the marketing department. People tend to think search engine optimization is the process of slapping keywords into your website and kicking your feet back. Search engine optimization is an online voyage with no finish line. It is easier to teach a web developer SEO than it is to teach a marketer web development. If you have an in house web developer try send them to some workshops or training programs. The ideal company would have a web developer that is highly skilled in their field along with an SEO expert and the two collaborate ideas, brainstorm and work closely together on all projects.

Search engine optimization is always changing so it takes an individual that is willing to adapt to those changes as they occur. Not all personalities are suited for this type of dynamic environment. Many web developers don’t really enjoy being marketers and marketers don’t enjoy being web developers. The synchronization of both is extremely important for any successful website or blog to really take off and become successful online. A beautifully developed website is only 1/3rd of the battle. Search engine optimization efforts must be introduced at a very early stage of the website’s life cycle, ideally before the site goes live but if that is not possible soon thereafter is a must. When done right search engine optimization is a very powerful tool. This coupled with great web development efforts and websites can quickly become very powerful.


Bookmark and Share
blog comments powered by Disqus

Nick Stamoulis is the president of the full-service Internet Marketing Firm, Brick Marketing.  Nick’s philosophy and strategies can be found in his SEO blog the, Search Engine Optimization JournalNick Stamoulis is also the editor and publisher for seven Internet marketing-related blogs: Pay Per Click Journal, Social Marketing Journal, Blog Marketing Journal, Email Marketing JournalLocal Advertising Journal, and Online Publicity Journal.

TalentZoo.com Advertising