The PR environment has been changing drastically with the rapid evolution of digital media. Lee Oden has a timely blog post on "the importance of Social Media & SEO for public relations." The new media can extend you reach and build your clients' identities. But they need to be followed fairly closely and understood well. Hence this advice from Lee.
"Some of the fundamentals PR and communications practitioners should seek to understand in the world of Social Media and SEO," he writes, include:
• Stay on top of future trends in search, social media and content marketing for PR
• Gain insight into how social and search strategy can amplify media and public relations outcomes
• Understand how to develop search & social personas – think like your customer’s customer
• Be able to conduct strategic and on-demand research for keywords and topics relevant to search and/or the social web
• Know best practices of SEO for Blogs, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and any other digital media produced for news distribution
• High level of expertise with tools to improve quality, efficiency and scale"
That's a lot to grasp, but professionalism has never been a paperback. Dig into the new digital ways!
Doug Bedell has a background in journalism and PR and is the owner of Resource Relations LLC in Central PA, focusing on organizational and crisis communication. He’s the community manager of SimplyFair.net, a social network on fairness. On the Web, Doug’s at www.ResourceRelations.com. On Twitter, he’s @DougBeetle.
Product Marketing Manager
Sr Art Director
The King Agency
The King Agency
Sr. Manager, Ad Operations
San Francisco, California
Cox Media Group
Digital Marketing Specialist- Cox Communic...
Las Vegas, Nevada
ADVERTISING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - COX MEDIA
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Therapists - LICSW, LMHC, LMFT
Project Manager, Communications
New Media Jobs