The holiday season is upon us, and marketers and brands are readily aware of how much is at stake. Many brands make most of their profits during these next couple of weeks, so it is imperative that they understand accurately how consumers are spending, where they are spending, and how much they plan to spend at every location.
Luckily for brands, there are dozens of reporting platforms and marketers prepared to decipher that information.
Agency Post, another online source for marketing (geared mostly towards agencies), has compiled a list of 32 bits of data brands should be aware of.
We decided to pick our top five to share.
1) From an Adobe report, the prices on Thanksgiving Day, not Black Friday, will be at their lowest, with data supporting a 24% average discount. This is surprising, with all the fervor usually on Black Friday.
2) Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the most popular days for online shopping. We wonder if this coincides with the fact that the most popular days for e-newsletters are also mid-week. It would make sense.
3) According to Google, 75% of smartphone shoppers plan to use their smartphones in-store. This is a big opportunity for brands to make significant connections while people are shopping.
4) Again according to Google, consumers in 2013 consulted up to 12 different sources of information. Brands must be able to leverage the sources out there to put out a message salient to the consumer.
5) Fifty-two percent of people say they are going to use funds they saved to buy presents. Looks like there won't be a frugal consumer; people will be looking to spend, so adjust those prices accordingly to get the most profit possible.
Hope you enjoyed those, and check out the cool folks at Agency Post for more.
Dwayne W. Waite Jr. is partner and principal at JDW: The Charlotte Agency, a marketing and advertising shop in Charlotte, NC. He enjoys consumer behavior, economics, and football.
Product Marketing Manager
Sr Art Director
The King Agency
The King Agency
Sr. Manager, Ad Operations
San Francisco, California
Cox Media Group
Digital Marketing Specialist- Cox Communic...
Las Vegas, Nevada
ADVERTISING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - COX MEDIA
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Therapists - LICSW, LMHC, LMFT
Project Manager, Communications
New Media Jobs