Integrating your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) with Social Marketing is easier than you might think because Social Marketing is an essential facet of SEO and one that is becoming increasingly relevant as social networking sites continue to become more popular. If Social Marketing is a term that sounds complicated and intimidating, it can be greatly simplified and more easily understood if you consider that it is merely the oldest form of marketing around that has been given a new name.
Simply put, Social Marketing is word-of-mouth-advertising accelerated and made much more accessible by technology through the use of blogs, forums, inbound and outbound links, and social networking sites such as MySpace, Digg, Flickr, Facebook, and others. All these methods create communities of people with common interests and give them the opportunity to ask questions, share ideas, offer criticism, and get feedback from their peers and your company.
Here are some ideas that you can employ to integrate SEO with Social Marketing strategies so your company gains the maximum benefit from these very dynamic marketing strategies:
- Craft a Strategy – Set your SEO and Social Marketing integration up for success by crafting a marketing strategy and consulting with an experienced Internet marketing firm. Businesses such as Brick Marketing can explain the nuances of these approaches and provide invaluable insight on how they work together to help your company get results.
- Create a Community – Consider setting up forums on your site where your target audience can ask questions and get answers from your company and other members of the forum. A large portion of your audience makes purchasing decisions after conducting online research, and this will give them one place to find the answers they seek.
- Start a Business Blog – Start a blog on your site with relevant, well-written posts providing topical information about your goods and services as well as links to related blogs and websites. This gives your readers the information they’re looking for and provides great opportunities for quality inbound links as well.
- Keep your Content Fresh! – Keep your online community growing and engaged with fresh, dynamic content that always gives your readers something new to read and discuss. Also remember that the major search engines will index the content of your site more often if you update it regularly.
- Use Targeted Keywords and Phrases in your Titles and Content – Use the optimized keywords and phrases that you targeted in your initial strategy in the titles and content of your blog and forum posts. You don’t have to overdo it, just let them occur naturally.
- Provide Links to Popular Social Networking Sites – Search popular social networking sites such as MySpace, Facebook, Flickr, Digg, and others for fresh, relevant content to link to. Remember that these links don’t always have to be all about business. You can balance the serious links with lighter, funny content as well.
- Subscribe to RSS Feeds – With your own research and recommendations from your Internet marketing consultant, find relevant RSS feeds to feature on your site which provide fresh content and give your viewers another reason to check your site often.
The most important part of integrating SEO with Social Marketing is getting started and developing a plan but once these strategies are in place, you’ll be amazed by the new volume of traffic to your site