When it comes down to it, you really need the right tools to gather, analyze, and present your data in such a way that both your own team members and your clients can appreciate and understand it clearly and concisely. Fortunately, there are now several different, excellent tools for effectively manipulating your big data. Four of them are considered and compared here.
DataHero allows you to both analyze and understand your data. With its features you can:
• utilize either spreadsheets of data or your cloud-based data to make impressive-looking data dashboards and charts.
• connect to your cloud-based information without needing an IT person or team to help you because of the intuitive nature of the data analysis engine.
• enjoy working with a platform that helps non-programmers and non-analysts alike to get to the information and render it effectively.
• create custom charts that help you to find little-known insights in the data and share these with other users by working with marketing dashboards. Drag and drop charting is supported.
• import your data off of any cloud-based service.
• combine your data from a variety of services to make a better data dashboard.
• share up-to-the-moment data using dashboards that auto-update.
Some of the fairly unique features that set it apart from its rivals include:
• a built-in expertise that recommends best-suited charts for your particular data.
• the ability to work with your analytics using either your cloud services, CSV files, or Excel spreadsheets.
• a centralized home for all of your cloud-based data.
DataHero can be had for free in a basic version. Upgraded subscriptions are available for $59 per month for the Premium level, and $89 per month for the Team-level subscription.
Umbel is another of the software services that graphically integrates both visualization tools and analysis of your big data. Its biggest selling point that differentiates it from the other rival tools is its proprietary and unique Digital Genome technology. This computes literally billions of different digital characteristics of individuals and then turns them into practical insights for you to come up with superior and more efficient ways of interacting with your customers. They also gather public information every time users sign on with social media services and then give this data to you in real time to help you create better promotions in your marketing efforts.
In an almost overkill effort, Umbel also checks and correlates this data against fully 30 other sources of data so that it can deliver composite information on the audience. This is truly impressive data gathering and computing power. The program does not offer the breathtaking and seamless displays and visualizations that others of these programs do, though. Umbel also offers free trial periods of its software.
Tableau's big selling point is that it is not only simple to use and to learn to employ, but it provides far greater speed than the solutions you are presently working with to gather, analyze, and visually depict your data. They claim that it is, in fact, between 10 and 100 times faster than what you are working with now. It is this groundbreaking technology that takes snapshots of data and transforms it into databases that are optimized.
Among its more unique features are the ability to:
• get to your information and run queries without having to understand how to write even one simple bit of code.
• take only seconds to access your data, whether it is on your memory or live.
• take a number of different views and combine them into dashboards that are truly interactive.
• create stunningly beautiful maps that are also interactive to give perspective to places associated with your data.
By merely double-clicking on fields that are geographic in nature, you can depict the data conveniently on one of these maps. This is helpful if you are having discussions with a client in another country or about results obtained from another market or country. Tableau gives interested users a fully functioning free trial version.
Slemma gives you easy-to-use software for business intelligence. With this program, you are able to leverage data by plugging into the best-loved cloud services and most heavily used databases. Once you have accessed the data you need, it lets you develop, personalize, and share these data dashboards and visual depictions with everyone on your team.
The advantages to Slemma are that it:
• works on any device.
• automates your reporting efforts.
• creates and auto-updates your interactive data dashboards.
• allows you to note and personalize any of the charts that you create.
• gives you a great variety of charts and other visualizations so that your reports appear the way that you need.
Slemma offers a completely free 14-day trial where you do not have to give them a credit card to activate your trial membership. If you like what you see, plans begin at $29 per month after the trial is over.
Finn Pierson writes on technology, business, and marketing.Finn is drawn to the technological world because of its quickly paced and constantly changing environment. He believes embracing technology is essential to capturing success in any business and strives to inspire and encourage top technological practices in business leaders across the globe.