The enormous impact that Pay Per Click (PPC) contextual advertising has had on online advertising and company branding was unimaginable just a few years ago. But it didn’t take long for companies to grasp the importance of this trend, and now not only are there a lot more companies engaging in PPC advertising, there are also a lot more companies who rely on PPC contextual advertising as a significant part of their revenue. Why is PPC contextual advertising so popular?
- It Places your Ad where your Target Audience is Likely to Find It – This is key. Contextual PPC advertising places your ad on related sites with high traffic where your target audience is far more likely to click on it and view your content.
- It Creates Cross-Pollination with other Respected Brands – For example, ever wonder why you see more and more brand names on restaurant menus? Because people like to align themselves with established and respected brands which….
- Lends Credibility – Placing your PPC ad on carefully chosen websites lends credibility to your ad which, in turn, greatly enhances the possibility that a viewer will click on it.
So how can you use Pay Per Click contextual advertising to brand your company? There are several ways to go about this. The best results require a customized approach that has been designed specifically for your company, but here are some things to consider:
- Consult with an Ethical PPC Marketing Expert – This isn’t mandatory but highly recommended as an Internet marketing expert can help you devise a PPC strategy that will produce the best results. Also, a small initial investment in the services of a professional will likely save you a lot of money in the long run by steering you away from sites and strategies that will not deliver on your investment.
- Determine a Budget – Just as you would with any other form of marketing, sit down and establish a budget that your company can comfortably afford. This helps you and your marketing consultant determine the scope of the project and prevents unplanned cost overruns.
- Outline your Goals and Desired Locations – Together with your PPC marketing expert, make a list of the sites which are favored by your target audience and determine what PPC ads will cost on those sites. This will also help you outline the goals that you want your PPC campaign to accomplish.
- Launch the PPC Campaign – Launch the campaign and start tracking the results. If you’re not getting the expected returns from a particular site or sites, you can pull your ads and redirect your efforts to other locations.
- Analyze Reports – After a period of time determined by you and your consultant, sit down and analyze tracking reports which can tell you which sites produced the best results using a variety of parameters customized to your particular needs.
- Adjust and Fine-Tune your Strategy – After going over your report and analyzing the results, you can adjust and fine-tune your strategy to take advantage of emerging trends as well as focus on the sites that brought the most traffic and best returns of your campaign.
For more specific information on how to use PPC contextual advertising to brand your company, we recommend that you conduct your own research on this increasingly popular marketing strategy and contact an Internet marketing expert who can explain these methods in greater detail.