DD Traders is the parent company of DEMDACO, a Kansas City wholesale gift company, specializing in gifts, tabletop and home decor.
Online Portfolio Requested
Briefly describe the position responsibilities: This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and entrepreneurial-minded Website Administrator to support and grow the DEMDACO online business. Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, this position is responsible for developing and managing websites for both retail customers (B2B) and consumers (B2C). Accountabilities include projecting and meeting sales goals, improving SEO, facilitating product merchandising while providing the best UX possible, website content development, and SEO optimization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (additional duties may be assigned)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create and support a website environment that makes it easy for customers to do business with DEMDACO and that will grow B2B and B2C sales year over year. This individual will be responsible for the ideation and management of site content, navigation and user experience.
- Facilitate best practices to efficiently maintain the website content, facilitate tracking of promotional activities via pixel placement and organize product feeds for outside vendors.
- Track and measure effectiveness of e-commerce activities. Provide weekly reports to Director of Digital Marketing relating to website performance and monthly reporting to corporate leaders.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with team members, internal and external partners.
- Create and maintain web administration calendar and timelines manage website budget, lead assigned project initiatives related to websites and content administration.
- This position will manage projects with IT and outside vendors to optimize and scale our digital communications efforts.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans in support of go-to-market strategy. Coordinates people and materials to achieve desired results. Communicates changes and progress, develops alternative solutions.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree and/or 3 years of experience in web administration or website maintenance.
- 2 years of experience working with CMS platforms such as Demandware, Webcollage, Drupal or Shopify
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with or education in CSS XML and HTML
- Minimum of 1 year experience working on a secured shopping platform online
- Able to implement best online administrative practices across multiple sites, including but not limited to, SEO, content management, integration with supportive software, product feeds, site promotions, google analytics monitoring, etc. Must have thorough understanding of how to use and interpret KPI’s (ie. Google Analytics, as well as other free and fee-based analytics tools.) Conduct user testing and optimization for pages and user experience.
- Knowledgeable about e-commerce platform infrastructure, content management systems, data architecture, technical back/front end expertise, and cross-platform CSS and HTML. Actual coding skills not required.
- Proficiency with MS Office, specifically MS Excel, Windows and Mac OS, HTML, and similar email tools and applications. Working knowledge of Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Google Analytics and Flash.
Work is usually conducted in an office environment.
This an office job with very little physical demands.