|Title: Vice President Marketing
|Location: Montclair, NJ
Hello Products is a privately held, high growth, consumer products company, based in Montclair, NJ. Craig Dubitsky, a well-known innovator and entrepreneur, founded Hello with the mission of creating safe, effective and delicious oral care products that are highly natural, vegan, never tested on animals, and made in the USA. As their website attests, Hello ‘exists to make the things we use every day be better and more beautiful.’ Contributing to consumers’ interest in maintaining healthy lifestyles is paramount for the Hello team. Notably, the company’s commitment extends beyond oral care, with new product initiatives that will broaden the company’s footprint in the personal care sector. For additional information visit www.helloproducts.com
Hello is currently seeking a new seasoned marketing executive to drive its business to new heights by leading its brand marketing, customer acquisition, communications, digital/social media activities, consumer sampling and events. S/he will also oversee content creation, advertising, media, and PR. Working closely with all members of the leadership team, this ‘hub of the wheel’ will harness and integrate the ideas of Hello colleagues into the marketing and messaging mix. Collaboration is key: the new VP of Marketing will elicit the ideas of Hello’s creative and visionary founder, partner closely with the CEO, the SVP of Sales, the Head of Innovation, the VP, Finance and the head of supply chain.
This new hire will be relied upon for their skill at digital and social media marketing and their knowledge of the latest advancements in this realm, i.e., what’s hot and what can be leveraged for smart growth. S/he must then be able to translate this into Hello’s brand strategy and marketing plan. In keeping with the company’s dynamic, down-to-earth and flexible culture, the VP of Marketing must be comfortable rolling up their sleeves, operating at a fast pace, meeting timelines, marshalling internal and external resources, and being accountable for all outcomes.
Reports to: Lauri Kien Kotcher, CEO
Direct Report: Marketing Coordinator
Support from: Creative Director; external agencies – content, media, PR
Other Key Relationships: Company Founder, Heads of Innovation, Sales, R&D, Supply Chain, and outside investors
Key Selection Criteria
See document below (created by the Hello senior team) for further description of the company, requirements and major responsibilities for this position, and general skill requirements.
- 8-12 years of experience in progressively expanding integrated marketing roles in consumer products and/or services. Ideal experience will include oversight for brand marketing, digital/social media, customer acquisition, content and communications. A combination of experience in a marquis marketing company, an advertising/PR/digital marketing agency, and early stage, high growth businesses.
- Experience with marketing a product that transformed a market or category
- A track record for being both strategic and tactical, rolling up sleeves and delivering results in a lean organization.
- An analytical marketer who is also comfortable harnessing the creative ideas of colleagues.
- Collaborative, mature, responsible, flexible approach, a managed ego and a good sense of humor.
- A self-starter with a results orientation and sense of urgency.
- A highly organized individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills and a comfort level presenting to an investor group.
Well, hello. We’re psyched that you’re reading this job description because it means you’re serious about being seriously friendly, and about joining a group of passionate peeps obsessed with creating everyday products that folks can fall in love with, all while working to make the world a little bit more friendly. We actually aren’t loving the idea of calling it a job description—it should be more like a dream job description for you, and if it’s not, that’s cool and we wish you lots of luck in your journey (be sure to pack a new toothbrush). For the right passionate, strategic, creative, entrepreneurial, and highly skilled magic-maker type of person, this critical senior marketing role is all that and a bag of chips. In our minds, you’re a true digital native, super-comfy with the latest and greatest social platforms and tech. You’ve gotta have your finger on what’s cool, current, and relevant, and you’ve got to be a self-starter type, highly organized and ready to manage a fast and fluid environment—we’re all doers here, and startup experience will be a must. We’re creating the future here at hello, and we’re moving at Mach 12 with our hair ablaze. We provide a flame-retardant environment, filled with kind people, good tunes, chilled libations and healthy and delish sustenance items (aka, quality snacks). Friendly dogs are welcome, and our dress code is simple: wear clothing.
We’re on a mission to create the most natural, effective, and delightful personal care products in the world, in the friendliest way possible. Everything from hello is as natural as possible while still being super-effective. Our toothpaste, toothbrushes, and mouthwash are thoughtfully designed to bring a smile to you and your dentist, with gorgeous, colorful packaging and uniquely delicious flavors that are as much fun to live with as they are efficacious. We never test on animals and make everything in the USA, and with no artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, dyes, or unnecessary ingredients like triclosan, plastic microbeads, or peroxide, you’ll have a natural reason to smile like nobody’s business.
We’re a small but mighty team here at hello, with big dreams, a big loft, and big expectations and rewards for those that join in our mission. Together we’re going to do incredible things, and our ideal candidate will share and champion our values:
This is a rewarding, fast-paced, and exciting opportunity to be part of a ground- breaking new brand that’s a CPG game-changer.
- personal care should be more, well, personal.
- everything we do is thoughtful, transparent, and leads the way.
- everything communicates, and we take pride in how we share our story, how we listen and respond, and how we “spread the friendly” to make a positive impact in the world.
- we are creative doers and makers who are strategic in our thinking. we don’t just manage, we make.
- how our products, our brand, and our interactions make people feel is incredibly important to us. it’s all friendly all the time, without exception.
- thoughtful design is at the heart of everything we create; it differentiates us, and it enables our products to transcend basic functionality, elevate the everyday, and generate deeper emotional connections. design is magic, it’s our secret sauce, and we never take it for granted.
Here’s the scoop:
Lead innovative, impactful marketing programming with digital- first thinking
Own development of leading digital marketing strategy and programs
- Ensure 360 approach and integration with offline/traditional activities
- Partner with our friendly founder on ideation and execution of big ideas
- Provide website leadership + management, including ecommerce
- Develop and manage CRM/Email programming
- Lead Influencer programs from inception to execution
- Oversee product review programs (Bazaar Voice Management, Amazon, etc.)
- Oversee social media content development + community management
Brand Management Oversight including:
- Lead content creation (through social channels, influencers, internal team, outside resources/partners)
- Oversee media planning/buying: Search, Social, banner/video
Analytics – ongoing optimization, sharing of results and learning
- Development of sampling strategy and management of execution
- Development of PR and experiential event strategy and execution
- Management of Shopper Marketing programs
- Manage weekly marketing and creative meetings – issue prompt minutes, agendas
- Maintain marketing calendar
3rd Party resources/Agency management
• BA required, MBA preferred.
• 8-12 years of relevant experience, including substantial experience in Digital Marketing for a leading CPG or beauty/personal care company. Dream candidate (and we hope that’s you since you’ve come this far) also has experience at a transformational startup or a creative agency, and has been well-steeped in e- commerce/CRM.
• An understanding of technologies supporting impactful digital marketing and social media efforts, what’s now and what’s next.
• Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial brand marketer with strong project management skills who can float up and down from strategy to detailed execution.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions and evaluate programming success.
• Flexible and adaptable in our fast-paced environment.
• Innovative thinker who loves products, great design, and brilliant marketing.
• Friendly, open, approachable, and always ready to represent the brand.
• Must love dogs and music. But if you’re allergic or scared of dogs, don’t worry, we’re friendly and we’ll work that out.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to submit your resume via email to this employer.