|Title: UX Designer
|Location: Washington, DC
Despite pervasive connectivity in most urban areas in the United States, the FCC estimates that nearly millions of Americans across the country have no access to broadband services. USAC administers the $10 billion Universal Service Fund, which the FCC created to address serious gaps in needed coverage. We deliver funds through four programs (E-rate, Lifeline, Rural Healthcare and High Cost), to people and places who need it most – rural, hard-to-reach communities, low income households and schools and libraries who need access to facilitate learning. We are passionate about our universal service mission, and we are in the midst of transforming our organization to better support its realization.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for a UX Designer to solve design challenges in support of a public-spirited mission.
The UX Designer is a core part of the USAC Creative & Design team, focused on the successful delivery of digital products that support USAC’s mission.
The UX Designer works on a variety of digital experiences, from page-level redesigns, to UX pattern development, to data-driven dashboards. This person is part of a highly-collaborative team of designers, copywriters, strategists, and fellow UXers who support USAC’s vision of an intuitive user experience.
- Create informed user experiences for a variety of digital products
- Determine and execute on the most appropriate deliverable for a given project such as wireframes, user flows, clickable prototypes, test plans, heuristic analysis, and more
- Support agile development teams as the UX subject matter expert on a project
- Participate in and support user testing and research
- Understand the behaviors, attitudes, and actions of USAC’s digital stakeholders
- Collaborate, teach, and learn from coworkers on the Creative & Design team
- Keep up-to-date with UX best practices
- Other duties as needed
- At least 2 years direct experience in a full-time UX role
- A cross-section of portfolio samples
- Comfortable working in Agile environments
- Highly skilled with industry tools (like Axure, Sketch, Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Able to create visual approaches based on user research
- Can prioritize business needs, user needs, and stakeholder needs
- Works best in cross-functional teams
- Has a natural organizational ability; IA comes easily
- Enjoys being part of a team, but is self-directed on outputs
- Passionate about our mission
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and/or university
- Experience with government agencies is a plus
The Universal Service Administrative Company is dedicated to achieving universal service. This important principle suggests that all Americans deserve accessible, affordable and pervasive telephone and high-speed broadband connectivity. Our non-profit company is in the midst of a dramatic transformation to ensure that we are configured to achieve this goal.
USAC employees are passionate about our mission. Our work contributes to the success of all Americans. We’ve worked together to build a culture that is collaborative, ambitious, outcome-oriented, and feedback-focused.
Click To Apply
USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, and balance between the demands of work and life.
|How to Apply:
Please click here to create a free TalentZoo.com account and post your resume. Only logged in job seekers can apply for a job.