Sustainability Assistant Design Development Specialist
We are in need of sustainability assistant design development specialist with 5+years of commercial construction experience.
· Work with senior personal in various departments to assess and advance company’s sustainability initiatives; create outreach opportunities; and methodologies to promote sustainability to existing, pipeline and potential clients and plan internal sustainability policies for management’s approval.
· Plan or direct development or communication of programs to maintain favorable public perceptions of the organization’s accomplishments of environmental responsibility, and value for third parties to adopt.
· Working collaboratively with diverse teams; and building relationships internally and with third parties.
· Train designated personal in promotion of sustainable practices.
· An understanding of: new, renovated, historic and adoptive reuse projects; landscape and environmental design; basic regulatory compliance; milestone schedules; design and construction documents, logs and project records; and quality control.
· Demonstrated knowledge of current management, design and construction software with the capacity to learn new systems.
· Establish and apply metrics to assess effectiveness of work.
· Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sustainability or equivalent
· LEED Green Associate or above
· Minimum of 2 to 4 years of practical or educational experience combined in construction, design, environmental sustainability
· Experience in commercial projects: multi-family, medical, mixed-use, and hospitality
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite; Prolog Experience is a PLUS
· Goal oriented; high sense of urgency to work independently; meets critical deadlines;
· Excellent communication skills -- written, presentation, and interpersonal
· Possess a high degree of integrity and dedication to superior customer service
This job operates primarily in an office environment. However, travel IS REQUIRED to multiple job sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 40 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional overtime may be required.
Starting salary $35,000