The Strategy & Evaluation team oversees the planning and assessment of Ad Council public service campaigns, and conducts best practices analyses to improve the effectiveness of our activities.
This is a contract, remote position that will be responsible for all research-related activities for a number of Ad Council campaigns, including formative research and campaign evaluation.
All effective campaigns start with a compelling strategy, and you will have a seat at the table as you collaborate with agency planners, media strategists, digital specialists, creatives, and others in all aspects of campaign research and planning. The Ad Council is a results-driven organization, and you will be responsible for guiding how we collect, analyze and act on results of the campaigns you work on. You will also lead and/or support several cross-campaign and best practices analyses.
This position is great for someone with excellent analytical skills, a broad grasp of market research methodologies, the ability to communicate complex insights simply and effectively, great project management skills, and a passion for social change.
Timing and Employment Length:
This is a contract employee role. This means that, while the position is at all times one of at will employment, the Ad Council anticipates at present that the employment length would be approximately 6 months with the possibility to extend the contract. Contract employees will be eligible to participate in limited benefits and paid time off.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all formative research activities on assigned campaigns, working closely with agency planners. This includes literature reviews, expert interviews, ethnographies, qualitative and quantitative consumer research, and communications checks research.
- Work with campaign teams to identify key research insights and ensure they are translated into a compelling, single-minded creative brief.
- With campaign teams, provide thoughtful and insight-based creative feedback on rough creative concepts
- Coordinate research projects with third-party research suppliers, including drafting and distributing RFPs, awarding projects, and co-management and quality assurance of these projects.
- Design campaign evaluation plans, establishing KPIs as well as identifying the tools for measuring campaign exposure, awareness, engagement and impact over time.
- Analyze and report campaign results, ranging from short-term outcomes to long-term impact.
- Design, analyze and report on campaign tracking surveys, to monitor awareness, attitudes and behavior over time. This includes sampling and weighting procedures, questionnaire design, data quality assurance, data analysis, and reporting.
- Design and implement cross-campaign data analyses, helping to establish benchmarks and best practices for Ad Council public service campaigns.
- Present research findings and recommendations internally and to clients.
Core Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years relevant job experience.
- Strong understanding of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative market research methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience developing measurable objectives and key performance indicators to guide creative briefs and evaluation plans
- Adept at identifying key insights from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Adept at communicating insights and implications (oral and written) to non-researchers.
- Experience with survey research, including design, analysis and reporting.
- Experience with multicultural marketing campaigns and coordinating multicultural market research.
- Understanding of the changing media landscape—including the latest developments in digital and social media—and its implications for marketers.
- Comfortable with juggling multiple tasks and managing productive relationships with agencies, vendors, and internal staff. Ability to easily shift between strategy and execution across clients & campaigns quickly. Careful attention to detail.
- Familiarity with basic statistics.
- Familiarity with digital marketing metrics, such as website analytics and social media analytics.
- Understanding of user experience research a plus.
- Familiarity with design thinking techniques a plus.
- Dedication to building an inclusive and equitable work environment
- Adept at data visualization.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel. SPSS proficiency a plus.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a strong plus.
- Ability to work East Coast hours.
Qualities of a Standout Candidate
- Strong listening, collaboration, and communication skills.
- A curious mind and life-long learner.
- A creative problem-solver.
About the Ad Council:
TheAd Councilis where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create change around the most critical social issues facing our country. We produce and activate communications campaigns that drive awarenessand behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk" and the viral campaign Love Has No Labels" that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion.
We are deeply committed to diversity, equity & inclusion:
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or
Attn: Talent Team
815 2nd Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017
EEO is the Law