This role needs to exhibit strong communication and problem-solving skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to collaborate with extended teams including agency partners and must be able to work independently. Candidate needs to be responsible, attentive, detail oriented, curious and proactive with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. These are 360-degree accounts with multiple executions and B2C experience is desirable. Proficiency in website and digital is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all account management matters – establishes core relationships with all appropriate clients constituents (owners, managers, outside agencies, third parties, etc.)
- Manage a team of 3-4 Account Executives/Coordinators
- Develops understanding of select business within several related vertical product categories and the complexity of the entire supply chain and the importance of pushing the brand through digital channels consumed by a new and existing customer base
- Build expertise on each store’s competitive landscape and differentiators
- Capable of writing creative and project briefs and client POVs – evaluates creative work and provides feedback for revisions as needed and within brand and project strategy standards while balancing agreed upon scope of work.
- Oversees plan development, execution and follow and multitasks across several businesses and many projects
- Participates in and directs the development of client marketing and advertising strategies
- Owns and manages budgets with internal team and client partners, sets up meetings and provides accurate agendas, actionable meeting notes and rigorous scope tracking – ability to run day to day projects with minimal oversight from manager.
- Communicate daily with manager and Senior Leadership on project status, client hot spots/wins and monthly/quarterly initiatives
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvements to meet sales goals
- Forecast and track key account metrics and prepare reports on account status for upper management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university
- Management-level position; Agency experience is preferred; 5+ year’s related experience in an Account Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Proven understanding of website development and creative execution, advertising, marketing and retail
- Strong passion for project and time management, process improvement and managing people
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time with sharp attention to detail
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- 20-30% Travel is required
A little about us:
It all started on a fishing boat…no, really. In the spring of 1969, on a small fishing boat in Southern California, a few appliance and electronics retailers debated the possibility of pooling their purchase orders, so they could buy product for less and increase profitability. That summer, Associated Volume Buyers (AVB) was born.
Fast forward to present day, we have more than $17 Billion, with a capital B, in annual retail sales, over 4,500 independent members and over 8,000 stores in North America. We are member-owned, not-for-profit, the fastest growing membership of our kind and a force to be reckoned with. For us, it’s all about the members! Their growth and profitability is our passion and we pursue every opportunity to help make this ever changing and competitive business more rewarding.
We are a quick-moving, forward-thinking, industry leader - in other words, we are doing big things. We are excited to learn from you, and for you to learn from us.
We have a brand-new office that includes amenities such as a stocked kitchen, unlimited beverages, wide open spaces, ping pong table and other fun things to do.
Then there is our biggest asset, a fantastic team of brilliant people. We love challenges and are always looking to the next big win. We are all about great people, grand plans and creative solutions.
Are you ready to be a part of it?
We offer a very competitive compensation package including excellent medical, dental, life, vision, EAP, FSA Accounts, 401(k) Plan, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
If you want to work for an innovative company that is growing and values their employees, we encourage you to apply.
AVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, veteran status and genetics.