|Title: Sr. Analyst and Circulation Planner
|Location: Albany, CA
Backroads is the world’s leading premium active travel company. We believe in creating experiences on the road less traveled, and that exploring a landscape through your own power (via bike or hike) affords you an authentic connection. If you’re looking for an opportunity with an established company (we’ve been around for nearly 40 years) and like to work in dynamic environment with tightly-knit, collaborative and active team members, then, you’ve come to the right place.
You will play a critical role on the marketing leadership team acting as change-agent, identifying opportunities in contact strategy, product offering and marketing efficiency. You will bring insights about the customer journey with a deeper understanding of how the role of trip design and choice impact LTV. In addition to the ownership of our house file and segmentation strategy, you will drive performance for the direct mail channel, with the support of a world-class external partner (supporting prospecting and circ planning). You have experience in multi-channel retail with deep functional expertise in direct mail, and you are passionate about brining actionable insights to improve results.
House File Maintenance, Segmentation & Insights
- Owner of customer segmentation models.
- Provides short and long-term strategic support and insights for our evolving contact strategies across touch points (including sales).
- Responsible for directing cross-functional teams to maximize LTV. Work cross functionally to improve house file retention through analytics and testing with recommendations to marketing channel teams, trip development and operations.
- Manage external partner to develop an optimized direct mail circulation plan supporting both prospecting and frequency.
- Drive decisions for timing, formats and frequency of DM to optimize performance for each segment.
- Project-manage direct mail through execution, create forecasts and post drop analysis for revenue and cost.
- Report trends and performance to internal and external teams, flow seasonal demand from circ plan to weekly business impact. Build budget assumptions based on trends, objectives and strategy changes.
Cross-Channel and House File Analysis
- Lead cross-functional efforts to quantify funnels to improve guest experience and business performance.
- Support ad-hoc multi-channel campaign performance, assess profitability impact and recommend program changes as necessary.
- Supports development of attribution models and associated reporting.
Skills and Experience
- A or BS required (preferably in Marketing / Business / Economics / Math), MBA preferable
- At least 5-7 years of related work experience (catalog, multi-channel retail or Direct Marketing firm), direct mail circulation planning experience required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods and nomenclature
- Perform in-depth and root-cause analyses, identify trends, and succinctly report key findings
- A/B testing/analysis
- Knowledge of SQL, GA, Microsoft Excel, and statistical analysis methods.
- SPSS, SAS, R, HTML and SQL skills are a plus
To apply please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Sr. Analyst and Circulation Planner - tz” in the subject line of your email.
Visit us at www.backroads.com.
|How to Apply:
Please click here to create a free TalentZoo.com account and post your resume. Only logged in job seekers can apply for a job.