, New York 10029
Contact: Rebecca Valentino
|Title: Special Events and Communications Coordinator
|Location: New York, NY 10001
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
DREAM is seeking a flexible team player with some event planning and communications experience to join its Advancement Team as the Special Events & Communications Coordinator. DREAM’s Advancement Team is comprised of its Communications and Brand, Development, and Special Events teams. They are brand stewards, relationship builders, and experience creators who work internally and externally to strategically advance DREAM’s mission to level the playing field for all children to recognize their potential and realize their dreams. The Special Events & Communications Coordinator will report to the Director of Advancement Operations and will support the partnership of all event communications, branding, and logistics.
DREAM has an ambitious 10-year strategic plan that includes raising $20M in annual operational support and an additional $50M in capital. Combined, these funds will help DREAM reach its goal of expanding to serve 2,500 students in New York City through its PreK-12 schools. DREAM’s fundraising efforts enable it to provide an extended-day, extended-year school model that is focused on the whole child and is transforming lives.
Like all DREAM employees, the Special Events & Communications Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to DREAM’s mission and Maxims. Come join an organization that was recognized as one of the “50 Best Nonprofits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Role and Responsibilities
Support the partnership and collaboration between the Special Events and Communications teams in all aspects of planning and execution of special events, capital campaign events, and internal DREAM events including but not limited to:
EVENT COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING:
- Preparing and coordinating all pre- and post-event donor communications, including solicitation letters, thank you correspondences, and stewardship touch-points;
- Design and edit event marketing materials to keep consistent branding and messaging;
- Collaborate with Events and Communications teams on executing mission-driven experiential marketing elements for events, and create internal and external events that are engaging and enjoyable for attendees
- Contributing to DREAM’s social media efforts by drafting content and sourcing photos and videos;
- Supporting public relations efforts, including researching media outlets and drafting press releases;
- Supporting sponsorship fulfillments of marketing benefits for major fundraising events.
- Collaborate with the Special Events Coordinator in the planning of event logistics, staffing plans, vendor outreach and contract fulfillment for both internal and external events;
- Soliciting and securing in-kind donations for gift bags, silent auctions and brand activations
COMMUNICATIONS & BRAND:
- Design and edit flyers, one-pagers, and posters for various departments and program events;
- Assist the Communications team with the development of annual reports and other marketing materials;
- Streamline internal requests to develop and approve materials with adherence to DREAM’s brand and style guide;
- Maintain organizational communications and marketing materials and support in invoice upkeep and communications archives.
- The responsibilities listed above are not all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;1-2 years of experience in nonprofit, event planning, event marketing, or communications role preferred;
- Must have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills to serve as a DREAM ambassador;
- Understanding of and appreciation for quality, accuracy, and aesthetic details;
- Excellent computer skills (Mac operating systems preferred), including mastery of all MS Office products (especially Excel);
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- Dependability and strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities at once, change direction as needed, and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent planning skills and high attention to detail; A team player mindset is a must.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
Normal business hours with some evening and weekend hours, as needed.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.