Software Engineer, Full-Stack - 41806
Technology and Engineering - USA Needham, Massachusetts
Software Engineer, Full-Stack
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Around here we’re all numbers people, but it’s the 1s and 0s behind our data that make what we do possible. Software engineers strike a balance between precision and disruption, between reliability and innovation. Nielsen is a tech company backed by nearly a century of forward momentum to show the world what’s next—and we couldn’t do it without our engineers.
- Write clean, concise, maintainable code and tests
- Actively participate in team code reviews and enforce quality standards
- Drive innovation and automation at every step, from coding to deployment
- Promote and implement best practices in development and operations
- Collaborate with product and other engineering teams
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU:
Common design patterns and industry standards are second nature to you. Developing complex applications? You’re up for that, too. You’ve honed your tech skills alongside your people skills and can clearly communicate technical concepts in a way that makes sense to anyone. You’re ready to put your experience to work and take ownership of projects on a global scale, without a lot of guidance—after all, you’re fluent in a few programming languages. You have the vision to strategize for the next generation of front-end and back-end services and processing engines that will drive tomorrow. You’re ready for what’s next.
- 2-5 years of hands-on software development
- The training to back your work: a master’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or, as we recognize there isn’t one formula for success, equivalent work experience
- Ability to engineer software solutions that employ a wide range of technologies and tools: think Jasmine/Karma, Protractor, Angular CLI, Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Docker, and cloud services like Azure, AWS, GCP
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Needham,Massachusetts
Secondary Locations: , , ,