At PETERMAYER, we’re looking for an experienced designer who is a broad thinker and kind collaborator to help us move people. So grab some coffee, or whatever, and read through the list of things below. If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you. Hop on.
A PETERMAYER Senior Designer performs the following tasks:
- Supports the efforts and vision of the Studio Director.
- Shepherds creative designs from design through production to ensure industry best practices and the highest quality of work.
- Encourages and facilitates productive teamwork with the creative department and other designers who share responsibility on a given product or service.
- Designs, optimizes and manages design files, across all media, to ensure standards and delivery to outside vendors. This is done primarily using the Adobe Creative Suite and can include resizes, fixes, updates and preflighting deliverables.
- Adjusts technical/mechanical design features as well as photo retouching/image manipulation tasks that relate to any prepress design needs. Delivering and receiving these files/proofs may also be required.
- Contributes to the efficiency of the design and concept workflows within the agency, including working on multiple projects and working with multiple departments.
- Keeps apprised of and is knowledgeable about current trends and innovations in the industry.
The Senior Designer position requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 5+ years overall graphic design experience in a high-volume workplace.
- 2+ years of digital specific design experience will be a strong consideration.
- 1+ years animation and display advertising production experience using programs such as Hype, Animate, After Effects, etc.
- High skill level in Adobe creative suite including but not limited to: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, XD; as well as timeline animation software such as After Effects and/or Animate.
- Solid understanding of both traditional and digital production practices.
- Knowledge of mechanical file specifications. Familiarity with all file formats and file conversions.
- Strong critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail.
- Good time-management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising performance or accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Team player with a strong sense of personal accountability.
- Adobe Certification a plus but not required.
Digital portfolios are required of all applicants.
Peter Mayer encourages and enjoys diversity: cultural, ethnic, religious--it all just adds to the flavor of our gumbo. We are an EOE.