IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is seeking a full-time Senior Marketing and PR Associate to join our dynamic and fun marketing team. In this role, you will develop and execute IXL’s consumer and B2B public relations strategy from start to finish: developing a PR plan, creating media lists, writing pitches and press releases, conducting media relations, monitoring media, and more. You’ll also support IXL’s content marketing by writing blog posts and social media content. The ideal candidate is a strong writer and communicator, creative, organized, and very passionate about marketing our products.
What You'll Be Doing
- PR strategy: Work with Marketing Manager to develop PR strategy to support product launches, corporate branding, thought leadership, product reviews, and more
- Media materials: Write press releases, bylined articles, pitches, briefing documents, talking points; develop and maintain media lists
- Media relations: Secure and manage proactive and reactive media opportunities with education/edtech trade media and consumer media; media train IXL spokespeople as needed; monitor media for coverage and industry trends
- Award opportunities: Identify award opportunities; write and submit entries
- Content marketing: Write blog and social media posts to engage with parents and educators
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS degree and 5-6 years of public relations experience with consumer technology and/or parenting media. Education or edtech experience is highly preferred
- Written communication: You are an exceptional writer and know how to make every word count (and eliminate “fluff”). You can switch easily from writing a press release about a new product feature, to crafting a bylined thought leadership piece, to developing a lighthearted blog post
- Media relations: You’re a tenacious pitcher, can come up with creative pitch angles, and have a proven track record of blog, regional, trade, and top-tier media placements
- You get things done: You’ll be a one-person PR team, so you must be a jack-of-all-trades. You’re a self starter, detail-oriented, organized, resourceful, and have the ability to manage projects from start to finish
- Interpersonal skills: You’re a team player, have excellent interpersonal skills, and have the ability to work effectively with everyone from reporters to editors to IXL executives
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Cision or other media database
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.