Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Corporate Communications team. The Senior Brand and Creative Writing Strategist will have a proven track record as a senior-level copywriter, with a deep understanding of AP style as well as the ways copy helps clients achieve their aims. The Senior Brand and Creative Writing Strategist must have the ability to generate highly effective and creative copy. Comfortable and confident in his/her writing, and willing to help all ElectriCities stakeholders improve their writing skills, the Senior Brand and Creative Writing Strategist is a valuable collaborator on the Corporate Communications team. The person occupying this role is always ready to rise to the challenge of any assigned project and tackles each assignment with an eye focused on the technical details of writing while telling stories in the most creative and compelling way.
This role requires complete self-assurance as the Senior Brand and Creative Writing Strategist oversees the development of and delivers clear messaging in the appropriate brand voice across multiple channels. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC and periodic travel may be required.
The Senior Brand and Creative Writing Strategist’s duties will include but are not limited to:
• Take ownership of all copy assignments and provides high-quality results based on the establish ElectriCities brand voice.
• Offer creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs.
• Meet deadlines and stay within budget constraints.
• Maintain the corporate style guide and make suggestions as needed.
• Create editorial content calendars and suggest social media campaigns to coincide with brand initiatives.
• Research, coordinate and write on a variety of electric utility, government and local community topics. Develop copy for a wide range of financial, business and marketing projects consisting of the following: press releases, brochures, direct-mail, newsletters, annual reports, PowerPoint presentations, bill inserts, magazine and newspaper advertising, calendars, posters, promotional items, newspaper feature articles, trade magazine articles, broadcast, radio, environmental graphics, websites, and social media campaigns.
Qualified candidates should possess:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, or related field from an accredited college or university.
• 10+ years developing content for an electric utility, government agency, B2B/B2C advertising agency or internal corporate communications division.
• Excellent research, interviewing and reporting skills.
• Keen grasp of AP style and exceptional editing skills.
• Strong presentation skills to both internal and external clients.
• Ability to present a portfolio of a range of corporate marketing collateral and creative advertising concepts consisting of the following: taglines, brochures, direct mail, newsletters, annual reports, PowerPoint presentations, bill inserts, advertisements, posters, press releases, newspaper feature articles, trade magazine articles, broadcast, radio, outdoor signage, websites, and online communications.
• Familiarity with graphic design principles and software, production scheduling, and printing practices a plus.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.