Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Corporate Communications team. The Senior Brand and Creative Design Strategist provides customized design solutions to both internal and external clients that include but are not limited to the following projects: logos, publications, packaging, brochures, tradeshow graphics, direct-mail, newsletters, annual reports, PowerPoint presentations, bill inserts, magazine and newspaper advertising, calendars, posters, promotional items, newspaper ads, magazine ads, broadcast, environmental graphics, Web graphics, and social media branding. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC and periodic travel may be required.
The Senior Brand and Creative Design Strategist’s duties will include but are not limited to:
• Adhere to all aspects of the ElectriCities Corporate Style Guide in order to maintain the integrity of the ElectriCities brand.
• Interact with customers as necessary for proofing purposes. Review projects for function, appeal, clarity, and accuracy, and forward to the Creative Lead for final review. Archive files according to Center procedures.
• Keep current with trends in the design industry and new technology through training, reference materials and publications provided by the department. Evaluate new software programs and implement changes to improve work efficiency.
• Train others in using simple and advanced software features.
• Understand and be willing to meet tight deadlines by responding quickly and professionally to constantly changing requirements.
Qualified candidates should possess:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, or related field from an accredited college or university.
• 10+ years developing content for an electric utility, government agency, B2B/B2C advertising agency or internal corporate communications division.
• Excellent research, interviewing and reporting skills.
• Keen grasp of AP style and exceptional editing skills.
• Strong presentation skills to both internal and external clients.
• Ability to present a portfolio of a range of corporate marketing collateral and creative advertising concepts consisting of the following: taglines, brochures, direct mail, newsletters, annual reports, PowerPoint presentations, bill inserts, advertisements, posters, press releases, newspaper feature articles, trade magazine articles, broadcast, radio, outdoor signage, websites, and online communications.
• Familiarity with graphic design principles and software, production scheduling, and printing practices a plus.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.