TEMP TO PERM POSITION -- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN NYC OFFICE
The Salesforce Administrator ensures the accuracy, usability, and data integrity of the Ad Council's two Salesforce databases. Serving as the primary system administrator of our Salesforce environment with 50 users and over 51K organizational records, this role will provide support to the organization through the customization and configuration of the Salesforce platform, testing new functionality, listening to user feedback, troubleshooting bugs and offering solutions. This person will also be responsible for creating and launching a formal onboarding and Salesforce training program, increasing user adoption company-wide.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improve user experience through the creation and configuration of custom reports, dashboards, page layouts, custom fields, custom objects, record types, fields, triggers, and validation rules
- Manage Salesforce permissions and security including roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests
- Troubleshoot and promptly provide end user support
- Help transition the organization from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience
- Manage third party integrations – Marketing Automation and Event Management software
- Evaluate new releases of Salesforce and determine impact to users
- Seek out and attend Salesforce and data management classes, webinars, and conferences
- Maintain data integrity and accuracy, including record cleansing and duplicate record management
- Manage Salesforce data feeds and integrations, ensuring accuracy in monthly feed uploads via Sandbox testing
- Integrate shadow databases (i.e. Outlook and Excel) into Salesforce
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors, and application development
- Train new users, and grow Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
- Salesforce Administration certification strongly desired
- 2+ years experience administering Salesforce required
- Proficient in Excel, particularly with advanced features like vlookup and pivot tables
- Experienced with Data Loader and Dedupe tools
- Prior Salesforce Lightning experience preferred
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to translate business and technical needs and interact with staff
- Detail-oriented, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Media or Non-Profit experience preferred
- Effective problem solver and predictive thinker
- Prior experience with event management and project management platforms, a plus
The ideal candidate is someone who has a great sense of humor, delights in figuring out the tricky stuff, and loves collaborating with different teams. If you are part problem solver and part teacher, then this position is right for you.
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create changed around the most critical social issues facing our country. The Ad Council initiates, produces and activates communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We produce content that ignites new ideas, increases the health, education, and safety of our nation, and literally saves lives.
We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk" and the viral campaign "Love Has No Labels" that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit organizations, government agencies, corporate brands and media companies to develop over 40 national social good campaigns each year including Suicide Prevention, Gun Safety, Bullying Prevention, STEM for Girls, Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention.
The Ad Council team uses all the tools in communications arsenal including developing PSAs and social media content, engaging talent, gaming, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing, and creating chat bots, digital and live events to raise awareness around social causes. We also have the opportunity to work with our Board of Director companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Google/YouTube, Vice and R/GA to leverage the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social impact.
To learn more about the Ad Council and its impactful campaigns, visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or
US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017
EEO is the Law