|About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses acr|
|Title: SENIOR MARKETING AND MEDIA RESEARCH ANALYST- Cox Communicati
|Location: San Diego, CA
|Job Code: 193204
|At Cox Media, we believe in recognizing outstanding work, investing in our teams and building authentic relationships. With nearly 30 offices in 13 different states, Cox Media covers 19 markets and 6 million households across our aggregated footprint, connecting advertisers of all sizes to audiences across multiple screens. Using everything from cable TV to the latest digital products, Cox Media creates multi-platform advertising campaigns to exceed our clients’ marketing objectives.
Cox Media is looking for an exceptional Senior Marketing and Media Research Analyst to join our team! The Cox Media Senior Marketing Analyst develops front-to-end data driven strategies that align with Cox Media Sales and Marketing’s objectives and programs to attract new customers, grow total advertising spend with existing customers and reduce overall churn though research, analysis and summary of market, sales, product and other data. Provides expertise on marketplace trends, competitive positioning, research-based sales tools and performance based campaign metrics to drive business decisions. Translates sometimes disparate data sets into actionable insights regarding opportunities to connect Cox Media multi-product solutions and clients’ marketing objectives. Provides research-based training to Sales Consultants on how to promote and position Cox Media portfolio products to drive sales and client retention.
The positions requires a fast pace of work, multiple demands and high pressure to deliver research results to accommodate others’ schedules and priorities. Works independently with limited or remote supervision; requires a higher degree of autonomy, proactivity and initiative than lower level positions. Budget-driven; pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals. Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to clients’ locations within the system. Travels 10-30% of the time. Has contact with external clients by phone and in person. May occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours. Requires significant collaboration with others with no formal organizational authority. The position works in a cubicle at a desk in Cox Media offices.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Analyzes secondary research data (including quantitative and qualitative) to demonstrate value for Cox Media products and takes initiative to find growth opportunities and recommend solutions based on findings.
- Provides high-touch research support to Sales Consultants and Sales Service Specialists for developing customized solutions and presentations geared towards securing business from high spend/high potential clients.
- Proactively collaborates with and provides Inside Sales channel, Cox Residential and Business with competitive information, research data, and related market information to build and execute on sales and marketing strategies, support local cross-channel inventory, and identify cross-over opportunities.
- Proactively seeks out top programming stories and works in partnership with Marketing Communications Specialist to translate into client facing material.
- Applies advanced problem-solving skills to business issues related to secondary research data including methodology, reporting parameters and disparities in data
- Customizes research-based tools to provide reports that enable Sales to drive revenue.
- Develops and delivers research-based training for Sales, Sales Services and new hire orientation.
- Provides data, programming information and analysis to Marketing Communications Specialists to support sales collateral pieces, competitive positioning materials and packages.
- Proactively collaborates with Marketing Communications Specialist to perform deep dive analysis into customer segments and identify market opportunities.
- Performs marketplace analysis of television viewing and media usage trends on a consistent basis, as well as analysis as needed on campaign performance, report lead and demand generation campaign analytics, and performance of other Cox Media marketing initiatives.
- Summarizes and communicates market research and programming information to Sales and Marketing leadership, Sales Consultants and Sales Service Specialists, and clients through training, sales tools, “head storyteller” presentation templates, and client facing materials.
- Proactively collaborates with Finance to perform marketplace revenue and share analysis and trending to enable Sales Leadership to evaluate market opportunities. Utilizes secondary research sources such as Kantar, economic data, SQAD, and local media intelligence.
- Proactively collaborates with Inventory to generate ratings estimates for upcoming high-profile programming opportunities in an effort to assign appropriate value for pricing.
- Prepares and presents information directly to clients on a regular basis.
- Represent Cox Media on industry media research-related committees and project teams.
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of marketing techniques, Cox Media and competitor services.
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- External candidates - 4 years experience preferred researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field (Internal candidates- 3 years)
- 1 year media research experience
- 2 years experience using Microsoft Office applications PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook in a work setting with demonstrated expertise in Excel required.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, communicating effectively, delivering customer service, formal presentations, functional competence, initiating action, PC skills, producing results, quality orientation, sales opportunity analysis, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
About Cox Communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management or a related field.
- 3 years media research experience in a sales-driven organization
- Functionality with Access databases a plus.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 5887 Copley Drive, San Diego,CA US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 193204
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.