Amaze yourself. Amaze our guests.
A job at Backroads is unlike any other job you’ll ever have. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be gratified. Because whatever you do here, you’ll be part of something that makes us all proud—delivering authentic, enriching—and sometimes profoundly life-changing—experiences.
The devil is in the details.
Every world-class biking and hiking route. Every gourmet picnic. Every carefully orchestrated cultural connection. Everything. And it doesn’t just matter some of the time. It matters all of the time. That’s how we do things at Backroads. The result: guests so loyal to Backroads they travel with us 10, 20, 30, 40 or more times.
Making it look easy, isn’t easy.
Ask anyone at Backroads. It’s hard work. It means forever asking, “Is the guest experience the absolute best it can be?” More often than not our answer is “no.” We continuously redefine what an active vacation can be and establish standards no one else can match. Does this sound like the kind of company you want to be a part of? If so, we can’t wait to meet you.
POSITION: SEM Associate
REPORTS TO: SEO & SEM Direct Marketing Manager
Is performance and PPC marketing your passion? Are you eager to learn and constantly seek new solutions in order stay ahead of the curve?
As an SEM Associate, you will be joining the performance marketing team at Backroads. Responsibilities will primarily consist of managing all aspects of a select group of SEM campaigns including bid management, testing new ad copy and site link extensions. Additional duties will include assisting with paid social campaigns and analyzing search and web analytics data.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supporting the SEO & SEM Direct Marketing Manager, this person will:
• Assist in managing all aspects of SEM campaigns to achieve KPI’s.
• Assist in managing paid social campaigns (Facebook, Instagram & YouTube).
• Analyze search and web analytics data to inform PPC decisions.
• Ensure all content is strategic and supports the content strategy.
• Edit and proofread as needed.
• Other duties as necessary and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• 2+ years of agency-level SEM and/or other demonstrated web marketing experience.
• Working knowledge of HTML, Google Ad Words or Bing Certification a plus.
• Highly proficient in EXCEL, comfortable with large data sets and associated functions.
• Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
• Ability to distill technical content into simple and easy-to-understand messaging.
• Ability to think creatively while being analytical.
• Experience managing multiple projects at once, resolving competing priorities, working swiftly under pressure, and meeting project deadlines.
• A die-hard work ethic and killer sense of humor.
• Strong attention to detail: Ensures accuracy of communications and their delivery.
• Skilled at planning, project management, time management and decision-making.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
To apply please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SEM Associate – tz” in the subject line of your email.
As the world's #1 active travel company, Backroads offers more bicycling, walking, hiking and multisport trips around the world than any other company. We are a service-oriented organization composed of high-energy individuals with varied backgrounds who enjoy people, travel and the outdoors.
Visit us at www.backroads.com.