At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Marketing Copywriter
Are you a writer who communicates concisely but thinks big? A meticulous wordsmith with the ability to distill complex information into simple relevant messages? A leader who can mentor and motivate others? If so, let’s chat.
We’re seeking a natural storyteller with integrated marketing experience. A copywriter who drives the development of powerful, engaging copy. Someone who enjoys executing creative strategies and solutions while inspiring and managing a team of fellow creatives. The right candidate understands how to create work across multiple channels. Direct mail, digital, print, social—we want to see it all.
What we’re looking for.
- A strong writer and true creative problem solver with the ability to produce original, brand-elevating copy.
- Someone with a range of writing skills to complete assignments, such as writing compelling headlines, to succinct product benefits, to long-form storytelling.
- A mentor and leader of talented teams in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to approach assignments from a customer-centric perspective while also understanding higher-level business and marketing objectives.
What we stand for.
Spark Business harnesses the same sentiment many small business owners swear by. To shoot for the stars and never settle.
We believe typical banks have taken the small business owner for granted and provide them little value. As an integral member of the team, you’ll help us change that. We’re more than a credit card in your wallet. We’re a trusted partner in your purchasing.
Our passionate team of creatives, marketers, product managers, analysts, and researchers ensure our customers are at the center of everything we do. On our journey to help small businesses succeed, we’re making significant investments in our products, technology, and customer experience.
Why you’ll do to help make a difference.
- Possess a positive attitude and readily partner with all types of people.
- Be just as comfortable with a clever headline as you are with longer copy.
- Have a clear understanding of tone and the ability to quickly adapt your writing style.
- Understand the importance of creative strategy and use it to create powerful work.
- Handle multiple projects at once and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Help guide and manage other creatives and their projects.
- Understand the benefits of process and use it to your advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience.
- At least 2 years of brand marketing experience.
- At least 6 years of experience as a copywriter.
- 2 years of experience leading creative teams.
- 6 years of brand experience in multi-channel marketing.