|Title: PR Specialist
|Location: Portland, OR
The Dyrt is seeking a creative PR & Outreach Specialist to join our growing team in Portland, OR. In this role, you will be working closely with The Dyrt’s founders to develop and implement strategy behind PR and link growth. As the PR & Outreach Specialist, you will be focused on executing a variety of tasks from writing press releases, to gathering and nurturing multiple outreach lists.
Who We Are
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app and publication in the US, with more campground photos, videos, and reviews than anyone else on the web. We’ve changed the way 60 million Americans search for campgrounds, just like Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy and enjoyable for campers to find the information they need.
The Dyrt also solves the pain of authentic consumer connection for 100’s of outdoor brands. Using our nationwide community of campers, The Dyrt Rangers (200+ super users who test our partners’ products in the field), and our proprietary User Generated Content, The Dyrt provides the perfect platform for campers to find their next favorite campsite and for brands to engage with their target audience.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute the entire PR and backlink strategy for thedyrt.com from the ground up
- Help ideate create pitch angles and manage The Dyrt’s pitching calendar to secure ongoing placements and backlinks
- Manage the company’s speaking program by helping secure regular speaking opportunities for The Dyrt founders at key business, technology, and industry events
- Manage The Dyrt’s awards program by researching and submitting applications for industry, technology, leadership awards to promote the company
- Draft press materials to support The Dyrt’s media outreach efforts including press releases, media alerts, announcement recaps, and editorial linkbuilding opportunities
- Create ongoing goals, track outreach and results, and report results to senior management
The Skills You Need
- 3-6 years of PR experience in an agency setting or equivalent experience with agency model
- Macro understanding of the digital media landscape and landing strategic placements
- Micro understanding of SEO and linkbuilding value inherent in PR
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Business or related field preferred
- Experience creating unique, exciting pitches and working with press contacts
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading ability
- Excited by the opportunity to play a key role in a fast-moving startup environment
- Ability to break goals into strategic elements, manage stakeholders, and track results
- Ability to manage and organize 100+ incoming emails a day
- A love for the outdoors is a plus!
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Portland Oregon office. Greater Portland area applicants will be given first consideration.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.