|Title: Operations Manager, Traveling Exhibition
|Location: Chicago, IL
Full-time, temporary, beginning February 2019. Ability to work a flexible schedule including, early morning, evenings and/or weekends based on the exhibition’s operational needs.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
The Operations Manager supports the front-line operations of a traveling exhibition in a
transitional environment, including guest experience, security, maintenance, and exhibition
revenue areas (café, retail, ticketing, facility rentals). The Operations Manager is responsible for helping the General Manager and Assistant General Manager provide an exceptional environment for exhibition guests, partners, and employees, by defining and upholding performance standards for all front-line teams.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service as a primary point of contact for the exhibition by welcoming visitors, responding to inquiries, providing general exhibition information, providing operational back-up and solving problems.
- Serve as the direct supervisor of Front of House Managers. In the absence of the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, serve as the direct supervisor of Box Office Manager, Exhibit Technicians, and other subcontractors or revenue centers. Lead by example in providing the best visitor experience. Hold all teams accountable to exhibition policies and expectations, and ensure all aspects of the guest experience are consistent with exhibition values.
- Ensure daily staffing levels for guest services team satisfies exhibition and site operational requirements. Publish schedule for 60+ staff members in regular and timely manner.
- Monitor staff attendance and conduct follow-up as necessary. Create attendance reports for payroll purposes.
- Interface with city and/or park officials, including police and fire services, as needed. In coordination with General Manager, Assistant General Manager and Security team, know and initiate emergency procedures as necessary.
- With General Manager and Assistant General Manager, oversee daily exhibition operations. Suggest, implement, and manage operational changes to improve the visitor experience. Work closely with all exhibition teams to establish and maintain efficient exhibit flow and on-site security function, including capacity adjustments. Conduct walkthroughs of the exhibition galleries as necessary to monitor congestion points and emergency egress access for visitors, as well as monitoring safety of exhibition assets.
- Contribute to decisions pertaining to exhibition marketing initiatives.
- Manage front-line and operational staff to ensure the exhibition runs efficiently, maximizing ticket sales. Address
- Monitor and address visitor behavior to ensure the safest and best possible visitor experience while ensuring safety and security of exhibition assets. Understand and keep current on all emergency procedures.
- Support initial and ongoing exhibition training for all front-line teams, including subcontractors. Be knowledgeable about the responsibilities of all guest services positions.
- With Assistant General Manager, support on-site logistics for after-hours special events.
- Respond to guest inquiries and feedback, either through personal or digital communication.
any unexpected situation through personal interaction and/or email communication, if necessary. Escalate situations to upper-management, as needed.
- Troubleshoot non-working operational equipment and take appropriate action to repair or replace equipment. Support Front of House Manager’s inventory management responsibilities.
- Four-year college degree, or experience to match. Liberal arts, business, or hospitality a plus.
- Three years of directly managing front-line staff in a fast-paced environment, including scheduling responsibilities. Appropriate and measured responses to stressful situations.
- Effective communication skills, able to listen and exchange information.
- Excellent customer service skills, able to demonstrate behaviors that enhance the level of customer satisfaction and meet customer expectations.
- Solid leadership skills, with proven ability to use delegation and accountability to align teams to common goal.
- Cultural competency and experience working with diverse communities.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience working within a museum, theater, or cultural institution. General management in theme park, resort or other hospitality sectors will be considered.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office and various database software. Experience with scheduling and payroll software.
- The ability to both think strategically but be willing to be a “roll-up-your-sleeves” manager.
- The ability to interact will all levels from hourly labor to museum CEOs and other C-Suite positions.
- Bilingual or multilingual.
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume to HamexHR@hamiltonmusical.comwith “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.