The Media Planner will be part of building a growing world class marketing services agency. We are seeking a detail oriented, analytical thinker who possesses the skills, drive and experience needed to make targeted advertising media investment and plan recommendations for our major national retail clients.
This role requires a doer: someone who is comfortable absorbing client goals, objectives and data and translating those into highly effective and efficient locally targeted media plan solutions.
Qualified individuals would have 2+ years experience in a data analyst or targeted media planning role. This individual would possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint at minimum. This position supports a rapidly growing company and requires a team player willing to pitch in, roll up their sleeves and help grow the business. Articulate communicator, attention to detail, accuracy, a positive attitude and curiosity are highly valued skills.
- Utilize proprietary and user-friendly software to build sophisticated, locally targeted media recommendations that maximize reach of high value customer segments at a responsible level of investment and effectiveness for all client store locations across the US.
- Where appropriate, interact with agency and retail client on day to day issues pertaining to plan strategies and plan implementations
- Support and direct Media Buyers on plan strategies and implementations
- Participate and advance the approach to sophisticated customer marketing and media analysis potentially integrating new forms of data and designing new methods
- Present major market plan recommendations to clients
- Help develop and maintain media data for our proprietary media database
- 2+ years experience performing services described above – media planning background ideal but smart, analytical thinkers with or without media planning experience are highly valued. Digital media planning experience is an added bonus.
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and focused on data accuracy
- Quick to learn new database and analytical tools
- Excellent oral and written skills
planitretail is dedicated to activating and driving retailer shopper behavior with expert, locally targeted media planning and buying using proprietary technology-driven customer and market analytics. We offer excellent benefits, paid vacation time, summer hours and a casual work atmosphere.