Jay Advertising, an agency specializing in retail, seeks a proactive, self-motivated, original thinker to work across our client base. The Media Planner/Buyer is responsible for executing all day-to-day media planning and client service activities associated with assigned account(s). The Media Planner/Buyer provides media planning recommendations and offers resourceful problem-solving, both internally and externally, while maintaining successful client relationships. S/he prepares media plans and other deliverables, and executes media plan implementation. Ideal candidates for these positions will have at least two years of solid media experience including buying of traditional and digital media. Potential candidates will have demonstrated negotiating strengths as well as idea-driven and forward thinking approaches to their responsibilities. Our approach with both our clients and our vendors is partnership-driven. Willingness to relocate to Rochester, NY.
• Work with media team to develop innovative results-oriented traditional and digital media plans for strategically demanding clients
• Research analysis to develop strategically solid media recommendations with supporting rationale
• Buying of broadcast and other media to comply with plans approved by clients
• Monitor and provide reporting/analytics to insure client success through ongoing optimization; Recommend and implement ideas for positive client impact
• Work with account service and creative teams to ensure that media plans blend into an overall marketing and creative strategy
• Provide detailed market and target audience analysis
• Stay current on new media and new media trend
• Degree in advertising, marketing or a related field
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Minimum 5 years’ experience making local TV, radio, and/or digital buys
• Strong negotiating skills
• Basic knowledge of media terms and research tools
• Excellent math and communications skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
Work with fun people in an exciting environment. Send coverletter, resume, and salary requirements.