Vladimir Jones is looking for a Media Buyer who loves the art of negotiation, builds trusting relationships and spends money wisely. This buyer will have 2+ years of experience buying all types of media, will be skilled in Freewheel (formerly Strata) and enjoys the relationship between broadcast waves and digital streams. This position can be based in our Colorado Springs or Denver office.
The Media Buyer complements the planning team in research, planning and placement of all clients' media projects. The Media Buyer assists in establishing and monitoring appropriate media budgets, purchase contracting and creates progressive and trusted relationships with the media representatives across markets, and nationally. The Media Buyer attends to all administrative functions required to carry out assigned media buying functions. The Media Buyer reports to the Associate Media Director.
Duties & Skills:
- Using Freewheel (formerly Strata) buying system, purchase all channels of media including Spot TV, Spot Radio, Cable TV, Print, OOH and Digital media
- Collaborate with planning and digital teams to ideate the best use of channel or medium for the campaign goals
- Skilled in the art of negotiation, and the ability to create win-win relationships
- Obtain and analyze inventory availability, and corresponding rates for media
- Issue insertion/station orders for all media placed by the agency that confirms and authorizes placement
- Collaborate with Traffic team in delivery of materials
- Meet all deadlines of planning participation, buying and stewardship of campaigns through billing and resolution
- Maintain resource and media files
- Must become familiar with all media buying and research software tools within the agency – Many resources will be learned/acquired (SQAD, Nielsen, Wide Orbit, etc.)
- Approve all media invoices for billing management, and resolve discrepancies
- Issue agency media reports when requested with actionable advice and optimization if appropriate
- Organize personal workflow and maintain files to align with integrated team deliverables
- Provide Post Buy Analysis for all broadcast campaigns to ensure client receives purchased GRP levels and obtain accurate refunds/adjustments with media where applicable
The Broadcast Media Buyer must have strong organizational and administrative skills with above average mathematical and computer capabilities. An aptitude to adapt to the connected consumer of today requires the integration of traditional and emerging media platforms. Strategic and research talent is a plus, as is an advertising and marketing educational background. Exceptional communication skills are required to ensure timely and effective interaction with the media community, as well as internal collaboration.