Combine your talent for Marketing and Communications and passion for the outdoors and conservation - become our new Vice President of Marketing and Communications!
Our mission is to foster an appreciation of the invertebrates while educating the public about the importance of conservation of threatened habitats in the tropics and around the world.
WHAT WE DO
Butterfly Pavilion believes that an appreciation of the environment begins with an understanding of all living things. Every day, we teach the young and old alike about the need for conservation, because with knowledge and empowerment, we will protect the world’s natural habitats for generations to come. We provide engaging educational opportunities to 60,000 school children and nearly 300,000 visitors annually. Butterfly Pavilion was the first stand-alone invertebrate zoo in the United States and has become a prototype for many others Looking forward, the pavilion and its affiliate, the Center for Invertebrate Research and Conservation (CIRC) intends to achieve global change through innovative and integral programs that advance the knowledge and capacity of invertebrate research efforts while advancing invertebrate conservation work around the world.
The Vice President (VP) of Marketing & Communications will develop a world class communications strategy for the Butterfly Pavilion and contribute to our organizational strategic planning process. Under the direction of the President, the VP of Marketing & Communications and utilizing a team of three, this person will manage all marketing and communication activities to promote, enhance and protect our brand’s reputation. This position will be responsible for the following:
- development, integration and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities, including all public and private events, relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership;
- serve as an ambassador for the organization and relevant constituents;
- develop relationships with the media and drive broader awareness and donor support for the organization;
- drive the Butterfly Pavilion’s varied and integrated communications products and services including newsletters and other print publications; web, e-news and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement integrated strategic communications plan to advance brand identity, awareness of programs and increase visibility across key stakeholder audiences.
- Advance annual revenue expectations through strategic marketing platform, target advertising, mission driven programs and special events.
- Cultivate relationships with media, key stakeholders and influencers.
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person for all media interactions; prioritize media opportunities, prepare talking points, speeches and support material.
- Serve as communication advisor to leadership team.
- Oversee all print and electronic communications including annual report, marketing collateral materials, website and new media.
- Oversee private events function to include birthdays, weddings, corporate events, etc.
- Manage associated vendors.
- Manage crisis communications plan.
- Manage and increase membership program.
- Oversee day-to-day activities including budgeting, planning, and staff development.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO BUTTERFLY PAVILION
- Strong skills in advertising contract negotiation.
- Website and social media management.
- Experience building a marketing team.
- Experience in the Denver Metro advertising arena.
- Google AdWords Management
The successful candidate:
- Passion for invertebrates and conservation efforts.
- Capital fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business preferred.
- Minimum of six years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities and leadership in advancing corporate/business objectives.
- Proven skills in ad-buying across multiple media including radio, television, and print.
- Proven ability to define goals, meet urgent deadlines, organize and prioritize projects, and set time tables/deliverables.
- Analytical, conceptual, and strategic thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team player; engaging, passionate and collaborative.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong fiscal management.
- Knowledge of traditional media.
WHAT BUTTERFLY PAVILION IS PROVIDING
- Compensation commensurate with experience and discretionary bonus potential.
- Benefits – medical, dental and vision; long term, short term disability; life insurance, 401K, paid time off and RTD flexpass program.
- Discounts on membership and programs at Butterfly Pavilion.
Butterfly Pavilion provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Butterfly Pavilion complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Butterfly Pavilion expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Butterfly Pavilion employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.