More experiences. More service. More giving back. |
|Title: Marketing Specialist
|Location: Boulder, CO
|Marketing Specialist—Deeper Africa, Boulder, Colorado
Deeper Africa provides high-end wildlife safaris for discerning travelers in East Africa and Southern African. Our clients are knowledgeable travelers with a passion for nature and wildlife and a dedication to conservation and culture. Twice winning Travel + Leisure World’s Best Safari Outfitters award and recognized by Conde Nast as a top safari specialist, Deeper Africa is a leader in enhancing and revitalizing the African safari experience. We need a high energy, highly-skilled, marketing specialist to communicate our message across all platforms.
Responsibilities: Responsible for all aspects of marketing and message communication, including design, content, and implementation.
- Web content maintenance & website re-design—Develop and improve web content. Assist in an upcoming project to transfer to a more robust platform.
- Social media presence--Assure that our marketing message is broadcast consistently with quality information, elegance, and style. Includes Facebook, Instagram, and other applications.
- Digital Marketing—Design and implement digital marketing campaigns.
- Writing and Copy Editing – Create, design and implement high quality itineraries for use in advertising and customer support. Assist with copy and photos for marketing itineraries.
- Branding - Assure brand quality and recognition through improved design and high-quality messaging.
- Public Relations—Collaborate with our public relations firm on press releases and magazine copy by providing innovative story ideas with high quality graphics and photography.
- Teamwork—Ability and willingness to work with a diverse team, work across cultures, and to pitch in and work hard when needed.
- Technology—Must be proficient with digital marketing software & applications, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In Design, Dropbox, Email Campaign Management Software, such as Mail Chimp and Campaign Monitor. Need proficiency with Dropbox (or comparable photo management software). Not required, but a plus if familiar with HTML/CSS coding.
Deeper Africa is a demanding, competitive, high-energy environment. Superior quality is our stock-in-trade.
- Digital Marketing.
- Organize and manage photo library, newsletters, and contact data bases.
- Reorganize our photo library and develop a method for rapidly retrieving photo stock as needed.
- Write and edit marketing copy. Work under deadlines.
- Calendar marketing and advertising dates and assure that deadlines are met.
- Produce consistent, timely and thoughtful content for all media platforms.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, public relations professionals, and IT providers.
- Flexibility and willingness to participate in a wide range of duties from the mundane to sublime.
1. Attention to detail, especially in written and oral communication;
2. Punctuality – Must be in the office during business hours and focused on tasks
3. Willingness to work long hours if needed
3. Ability to multitask and work under pressure
4. Ability to solve problems, think strategically and identify opportunities
5. Excellent writing, proof-reading, and editing skills.
To apply please give us:
- Minimum of five years relevant marketing experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience in the travel industry, or a related field especially if relevant to sub-Saharan Africa.
- Three references, including supervisors you worked with in the last five years.
- Your resume.
- Three references, including a prior supervisor, with contact information.
- At least one example of your writing skills demonstrating proficiency in style, grammar, and clarity. Examples may include written marketing materials, web content, blog posts, publications, reports, or any other relevant material.
- A portfolio of your digital and traditional media work.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to submit your resume via email to this employer.