WHO WE ARE
Backroads is the world’s leading premium active travel company. We believe in creating experiences on the road less traveled, and that exploring a landscape through your own power (via bike or hike) affords you an authentic connection. If you’re looking for an opportunity with an established company (we’ve been around for nearly 40 years) and like to work in an environment with tightly-knit, collaborative and dynamic team members, then, you’ve come to the right place.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a dynamic leader to help us to create and lead our Marketing Operations team. We are looking for a marketing automation/CRM technology rock-star who thinks like a marketer and has both the passion and the capabilities to help build and run the technology foundation that drives our marketing efforts. You will lead and manage the marketing contact database and maintain the campaign tracking system for both B2C and B2B, building an internal team and leveraging a talented external integration partner. You are biased towards technology, process and data, and have functional expertise with marketing automation systems - specifically Marketo and SFDC CRM. You will help to build, and manage a team of talented analysts, catalog circulation specialists and email channel owners.
- We’ve just propped up Marketo with a best-in-class integrator. Now, we need you to help take it to the next level. Leverage the new tools, and build a team.
- You are skilled in working with data at varying levels of granularity and the issues inherent in building data sets across different platforms.
- You can manage database clean-up of duplicate leads (in partnership with our house file lead) and set protocol for merge and de-dupe protocols.
Reporting & Insights:
- Build reports and dashboards to provide visibility in marketing campaign results and measure campaign effectiveness, including channel metrics, opportunity stages, pipeline contribution, and ROI.
- Support development and implementation of attribution model.
- Direct and implement cross-channel tagging to improve performance and provide visibility to channel owners.
Email Channel: Nurture, Transactional and Newsletter
- Support the Email Channel Associate to develop and deploy nurture and newsletter campaigns.
- Design campaigns to support the entire life-cycle, including lead scoring, lead nurturing, and emails to support our Inside Sales efforts to convert and nurture our guests.
Data & Integration:
- Lead technical aspects of marketing and sales system integrations including the marketing automation platform (Marketo), analytics (Tableau, Google Analytics), SFDC, internal databases and external data providers.
- Fully leverage the power of Marketo to drive results across all marketing channels.
- 5 - 7 years of experience with Marketing Automation systems, such as demand generation or marketing disciplines within an agency or corporate marketing team.
- Daily use of enterprise systems like Pardot, Eloqua, Hubspot, etc welcome, however, specific Marketo experience a must.
- At least a year of experience administering a marketing automation platform, preferably Marketo, as the Admin and owner of the system.
- Experience with a platform/production environment of at least one major email service provider.
- Familiar with Salesforce.com, you consider yourself a Power User.
- Proficient in deploying emails.
- You have experience managing a team.
- Proficient in loading lists.
- Documented success running A/B and/or multivariate tests
- Active knowledge of SQL and database management
- Excel and Google Sheets ninja
- Experience with HTML/CSS a plus
- Experience marketing in both B2B and B2C markets a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline such as Computer Science, Marketing or Finance
To apply please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Marketing Operations & CRM Manager - tz” in the subject line of your email.
Visit us at www.backroads.com.