American Society of Landscape Architects
|Title: Marketing & Market Development Manager
|Location: Washington, DC
|Department: Education & Marketing
Supervisor Title: Director, Education & Marketing
Status: Full-time, Regular
Nature of the Position: Manages market development and associated marketing operations for the Society’s revenue-generating products, events, and services with strategic goals in mind. This includes focusing on the organization, supporting vendors, monitoring market-share, owning the ASLA brand, communicating internally, effectively managing a budget, and planning and executing strategies.
The portfolio includes but is not limited to: Landscape Architecture Magazine, the Conference on Landscape Architecture, corporate membership, the Sustainable SITES Initiative®, ASLA Online Education, JobLink, Standard Form Contracts, and the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System™ (LACES).
- Works in collaboration with the director, key staff, and vendors to develop, implement, and monitor the performance of annual, integrated marketing plans, including development and testing of new strategies and exploration of new/expanded markets.
- Assists the director in reviewing statistical evidence to determine key metrics and benchmarks for measuring success and in setting near- and long-term growth targets.
- Manages the marketing budget and assists director and CFO in developing budgets and revenue projections.
- Executes systematic project management to achieve program goals, meet or exceed revenue targets, and ensure on-time completion of all campaigns.
- Designs and executes market research, leveraging available data to identify trends, determine customer satisfaction and needs; continually evaluates marketing strategies to encourage innovation, measure effectiveness, and increase revenue.
- Coordinates with and supports membership department communications and programs.
- Drafts, edits, and deploys marketing campaigns.
- Develops content for and works with the senior production manager on production of both print and digital marketing and promotional materials, including brochures, ads, solicitations, and websites; sources and manages vendors.
- Researches and initiates co-marketing exchanges with allied organizations to support product portfolio and strategic goals; coordinates placements of ad trades and house ads.
- Plans and implements ASLA participation in allied organizations' trade shows, meetings, and programs (travel to shows required). Manages schedule and logistics of exhibit space. Determines appropriate products and services for promotion at events.
- Works in partnership with department supervisor and other ASLA staff and volunteers to advance the Society’s mission, strategic objectives, and priority issues.
- Upholds the ASLA values and culture. Adheres to the ASLA policy on Standards and Conduct and all other administrative and management policies.
- Supports departmental and ASLA-wide planning, performance monitoring, and performance improvement processes and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: BA degree; graduate degree a plus.
Skills: Demonstrated ability to analyze existing and new market opportunities and develop effective targeted marketing strategies. In-depth knowledge of marketing and promotion strategy and techniques; exemplary project management skills; exceptional writing and editing capabilities; strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills; ability to confidently engage/inspire internal and external stakeholders at all levels; ability to anticipate and resolve problems. Experience with campaign management, segmentation, and list acquisition and management.
Excellent organizational skills, good judgment, and attention to detail. Ability to balance heavy workload with short- and long-term project deadlines, address changing priorities, and work well under pressure. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) applications required. Working knowledge of HTML. Experience with content management systems for website design and development. Comprehensive understanding of web and social media analytics.
Experience: Minimum eight years’ experience in marketing and program promotion; experience with association/nonprofit marketing a plus.
“Collaboration is at the heart of our work; our operations are transparent, and our atmosphere is healthy and fun.”
Richard Winston III
ASLA Human Resources Manager
Competitive compensation and benefits package included. ASLA is a conscious leader and employer that values the work-life balance of staff through many inclusive wellness initiatives and professional development programs.
“The quality of life the benefits and work culture provides. My colleagues are also hardworking and wonderful people.”
ASLA Chapter Relations and Membership Marketing Manager
The American Society of Landscape Architects is the national professional association for landscape architects, representing more than 15,000 members in 49 professional chapters and 82 student chapters. The Society has a staff of 50 and annual revenues of $12.9 million. Landscape architects plan livable communities that foster active lifestyles, design green streets that manage stormwater runoff, plan cutting-edge transportation corridors that are safe for all users and help communities prepare for and recover from natural disasters. Landscape architecture includes both iconic and neighborhood places, including commercial developments, streetscapes, green roofs, parks, civic spaces, memorials, and residential communities. The Society’s mission is to advance landscape architecture through advocacy, communication, education, and fellowship.
ASLA offers an attractive, competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance; a generous 401(k) plan; a comprehensive wellness program; and flexible schedules.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, a list of three professional references and a writing sample to HR@asla.org as a part of our standard application process. Please reference “Marketing & Market Development Manager” in the subject line of the e-mail and tell us how you learned about the career opportunity.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to submit your resume via email to this employer.