Who We Are
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app with more campground reviews than anyone else on the Internet. We’re successfully changing the way 45+ million Americans search for campgrounds in the same way that Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy and enjoyable for campers to find the information they need.
The Dyrt also solves the pain of authentic consumer connection for 100’s of outdoor brands. Using our nationwide community of campers, The Dyrt Rangers (200+ super users who test our partners’ products in the field), and our proprietary User Generated Content, The Dyrt provides the perfect platform for campers to find their next favorite campsite and for brands to engage with their target audience.
Who You Are
You are a writer and effective communicator, first and foremost. You’re an efficient digital-social butterfly. You believe in the power of the camping community, and you understand the nuances of different online platforms and communications. In a previous life, you’ve actually managed a real community, whether that be staff, a group of freelancers, or volunteers for an event. You are not scared of the phone. You’re comfortable calling anyone at anytime. You understand that in the world we live in, fast and intelligent communication ensures strong community growth.
What You’ll Do
As Marketing Manager, you will support the Marketing and Editorial teams by nurturing our growing community. This will involve managing and nurturing an entire nation-wide team of super campers to keep them connected to our vision and engaged with our online community. You’ll also be running all aspects of our social media and providing key user support. You will be part of the core marketing team helping The Dyrt evolve and grow its online voice as the fastest-growing camping app and community.
- Strategize and implement ways to scale our community and drive camper interaction
- Execute on existing community development initiatives‚ including managing a large pool of super users, and a volunteer customer service team
- Experienced in creating workflow logic and training manuals for super users
- Engage in conversations with brand advocates and communities via email, on-site chats, and social media
- Execute all aspects of our social media, including real-time interaction and community building, both on our official accounts and in many online groups we moderate
- Provide customer support over social media and in-browser chat in a timely and effective manner
- Work with the marketing and editorial team to develop and evolve our online voice and presence
- Assist the Marketing Director, Head of Client Services, and Managing Editor with publication and promotion timelines
- Degree in English, marketing, digital communications, advertising, journalism, or related field
- Demonstrated success in growing online communities, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Previous experience in managing a freelance or volunteer roster
- Prior editorial experience working with a team of content producers on high-volume digital content
- Skilled in a variety of CMS and social media scheduling tools. Familiarity with Trello, WordPress, Monday, Later, Edgar, and Adobe Suite a plus
- Familiarity with developing and maintaining voice and branding guidelines across different channels
- Experience in the outdoor industry is a plus!
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Portland, Oregon, office. All applicants must live in or near Portland, or be willing to relocate.