|Title: Manager Promotions
|Location: Memphis, TN
|Job Code: 184552
|The Promotion Manager leads the department’s marketing goals and initiatives to take the station’s brand to the next level. The Promotion Manager must have superior writing, shooting and editing skills, and be able to supervise a team of talented producers, editors and designers to ensure strategic brand reinforcement in all messaging. They must have experience in multi-platform promotion: on-air, web, social and mobile.
The Promotion Manager will work the Creative Services Director to leverage research to develop and produce spot-on image campaigns, topicals, special reports and POBS across all platforms.The Promotion Manager must be a strong communicator and team player to work in collaboration with the news department to successfully execute news brand strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the execution of long-term and daily strategic plans under the direction of the Creative Services Director.
- Ensures that day-to-day assignments and projects are on schedule and meeting deadlines per strategic plans. Approves daily copy and spots for air as needed.
- Uses research to create the right tone and language for all marketing messages.
- Supervises the team of Producers in the execution of the daily topical process and production.
- Facilitates daily full team touch-base meetings to review that days schedule and assignments.
- Works closely with news management team to achieve successful rating results.
- Strong collaboration with the Digital Team to leverage web and social to recruit viewers to the TV screen.
- Presents strong collaboration and teamwork with all departments to achieve station goals.
- Acts as liaison between news and marketing for topicals and sweeps content to ensure daily results are achieved.
- Executes log strategy and maintains log inventory for the department.
- Develops and maintains daily, weekly and monthly calendars for department staff, outlining assignments, deadlines for on-air, on-call scheduling, radio and web marketing under the direction of Creative Services Director.
- Write and produce on-air promotion, including image, investigative and special promotion, while also acting as a backup on topicals.
- Writes and produces marketing messages for digital, radio and cable during sweeps.
- Works with CSD to plan and execute the web and social media plan for selling the FOX13 News brand in and out of sweeps.
- Works closely with Traffic department to maintain all promo contract orders, and manages daily execution of promo inventory on the log.
- Liason with iHeart Radio partner to ensure daily promotion is being executed on both FOX13 air and iHeart stations.
- Liaison with the media buyer, and works with outside production vendor to ensure the correct FOX13 marketing gets produced, and trafficked properly.
- Works with the Community Affairs Director to allocate staff resources in the production of FOX13 Family Focus initiatives.
- Liaison for FOX and syndicators in the execution of their promotion on FOX13. Ensures that station executes contracted requirements. Maximizes and maintains strong relationships.
- Liaison between Marketing and Sales to ensure that advertiser-related promotion is executed properly per sales packages including production timelines, deadlines for content and execution of on-air commitments.
- Supports the FOX13 mission and values statements, and to represent FOX13 in a highly professional manner.
- BA in Journalism, Production, Marketing or Broadcast related field.
- Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills are required.
- Prefer 3 years of experience working in Creative Services at a television station.
- Should have hands on experience promoting a local news product.
- Must be creative in writing, shooting (Canon Cinemas Cameras), editing (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Must have experience in graphic design, as it relates to producing compelling/eye-catching promos. Knowledge of how Advanced After Affects, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, and Illustrator can be used in the graphic production of promos.
- Experience using INews/ ENPS. Must be able to show writing, producing and design experience across all media platforms to promote the station.
- Previous supervisory experience in directing workflow, motivating and training staff preferred.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.