New York Road Runner
|Title: Manager, Youth & Community Marketing
|Location: New York, NY
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
About the Department
New York Road Runner’s Brand Marketing and Communications is charged with managing the organization’s creative services, editorial, advertising, and digital operations. The team’s efforts build upon NYRR’s recent brand initiative and Run for Life platform as the organization seeks to tell the bigger NYRR story of huge positive impact; our ongoing focus on broadening our engagement with runners of all types; our efforts to strengthen our alignment with, and support of, our corporate partners; and our opportunity to unlock the power of our community in supporting our youth-and cause-related efforts.
NYRR seeks a polished, creative, and industrious Marketing Manager in its fast-paced Brand Marketing and Communications department supporting the Development and Youth & Community Services departments. Under direction of the Youth and Community Marketing lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for a diverse range of marketing initiatives.
- Work as part of a team unit whose function and role is to build up and support the Development efforts of the organization – through marketing, integration in overall organizational communications, direct leadership of some specific programs.
- Drafting and executing marketing plans for community programming to support reaching overall service, programmatic, and awareness goals.
- Serve as the marketing point person for NYRR’s youth events to meet target registration numbers for all events and ensure communication of the link to NYRR’s mission.
- Serve as the marketing point person for Open Run, community park running initiative, and Striders, senior walking program; all of which includes market research, analysis, and launch support.
- Producing promotional and collateral materials to support the above projects as well as other initiatives.
- Ability to write, edit or proofread compelling copy for various platforms, including web, print, scripts, presentations, etc.
- Ability to strategically connect themes, storylines to further support the mission-based organizational position.
- Crafting community stories and messaging for dissemination through NYRR and external platforms.
- Working closely and collaboratively with internal departments and external partners.
- Performing ROI, social media, and competitor analysis.
- Creating and delivering presentations for various constituencies.
- Coordinating NYRR participation and representing the organization as needed at events and conferences.
- Staffing NYRR signature youth, community, development, and marquee events.
- Performance of any other task needed by supervisor.
- 5 years of experience in marketing or similar role
- Experience in running, or sports, at any level
- Experience in community engagement
- Proven success developing creative ideas and building them into successful promotional campaigns
- Experience managing and executing campaigns within budget
- Experience providing thought leadership and direction on individually owned projects
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of marketing and communications experience or comparable professional experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and web research tools
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Resourceful, strategic thinking combined with a strong work ethic and tenacity
- Superb time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills; aptitude to work with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team on collaborative assignments
- Ability to meet and perform under tight deadlines, think clearly under pressure, and exercise good judgment
How to Apply:
- Ability to work long hours and work on NYRR events on weekends as needed
- Energy and enthusiasm for working with young and old
- Heart, humor and an appreciation for the value of physical fitness
- Passion for NYRR and its mission
To be considered, please forward your resume to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o8Oebfw5&s=Talentzoo.com
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.