New York Road Runner
|Title: Manager, Experiential Events (Entertainment Production)
|Location: New York, NY
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
About the Department:
The Experiential Events team is responsible for the execution of all hospitality, media operations, entertainment production, and expo and experiential events for all of NYRR’s events. As a member of this team, the manager position will have an opportunity to support in functions outside the main entertainment responsibilities.
About the Position:
This position will report to the Director, Experiential Events, and will focus on planning and executing events within NYRR’s live entertainment portfolio, from ceremonies and musical acts at large-scale events, to audio systems and scripting for weekly races and more intimate conferences and meetings. The result must be a first-class presentation with concentration on client and customer satisfaction while making sure all internal and external partner obligations are fulfilled.
- Develop production plans for events and activations requiring live entertainment and stage management, inclusive of: sourcing vendors, building entertainment components, creating playlists, and drafting scripts and run of shows.
- Manage and design different award ceremonies and non-race production events.
- Scout new bands, talent, and entertainment groups that may be a good fit for various NYRR events.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing talent pool of announcers, anthem singers, bands, DJ’s and other talent to support various events and executions.
- Support the recruitment, training and assignment of part-time, seasonal and temporary staff to support experiential and production events.
- Prepare and manage event budgets, vendor contracts and payments.
- Produce brand and partner activations surrounding marquee events, which range from large scale race festivals to smaller course entertainment zones.
- Work with the brand team to create a cohesive look and feel across the event, while incorporating fresh ideas and signage design plans, making sure events remain current with the industry.
- Collaborate with our marketing partners via the partnership account team to enhance experiential projects and deepen the brand connection, discuss and identify key success metrics and deliver on them.
Education & Certifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years of event project management. Experience with entertainment / stage production background is a plus.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices in staging, audio, lighting, talent management, scripting, and production coordination aspects of live entertainment events.
- Experience in experiential marketing events and brand activation.
- Bachelor degree in related field.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong understanding of industry best practice in indoor/outdoor event design and physical branding
- Keen awareness of process and what needs to happen when in order to effectively manage many moving parts of equal importance
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines
- Calm, cool, collected team player able to work positively in high-stress, on-site environments.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
How to apply:
- Willingness to work in an outdoor environment, and to jump in and support in whatever capacity necessary at events
- Knowledge of NYC area band and DJ scene
- Highly organized, detail oriented, timeline focused attitude.
- Independent, organized and driven professional, able to self-motivate and innovate
- 2D/3D CAD, rendering, desktop drafting
To be considered, please forward your resume to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oi8Yafwi&s=Talentzoo.com
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.