Job Position: Graphic Designer
You’ll be responsible for creating designs and layouts that have a visual impact. This job involves working with Account Managers and Art Directors to understand the client’s needs. Your designs will be required for branding packages, print, web, digital, mobile and other cool stuff. You’ll develop creative solutions and concepts while meeting the client's objectives. The work demands passion, creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
Meet with Account Managers and Creative Team to establish a vision for a product or design.
Use software to select colors, images, textures and shapes to create great designs and layouts.
Employ color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques when designing projects.
Develop material for web pages.
Design logos for products and businesses.
Develop signs and environmental graphics.
Create promotional displays, packaging, and marketing brochures.
Develop the layout and production design of advertisements for magazines, newspapers, journals, corporate reports, and other publications.
Meet with art directors to collaborate on design.
Perform research on competitors and market trends.
Collaborate with printers to select type of paper stock and ink.
Submit rough drafts to Account Manager for client’s approval.
Make changes to mock-ups.
Supervise assistants during product design.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in creative major and/or equivalent experience
- 5 years graphic design experience
- Automotive Industry experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Good working knowledge of marketing research
- Maintain a professional image and obtain customer satisfaction both internally and externally
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.