Geronimo Energy, a National Grid Company, is a full-service renewable energy company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Geronimo has developed over 2,400 megawatts of wind and solar projects that are either operational or currently under construction throughout the United States. Geronimo has a multi-gigawatt development pipeline of wind and solar projects in various stages of development throughout the United States. Geronimo provides custom solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. With deep roots in agriculture, Geronimo prides itself on developing renewable energy projects that are farmer-friendly, community-driven, and beneficial for rural communities.
Geronimo is seeking an Electrical Engineering to join our transmission team. This person will be responsible for evaluating electrical aspects of renewable energy projects. This position will be located in the company headquarters in Bloomington, MN, where the candidate will report directly to the Director of Transmission-MISO.
- Perform technical analysis relating to wind, solar and other project development.
- Perform analytical and administrative tasks relating to electrical interconnection and development of wind, solar, or other energy projects.
- Assist the Director of transmission with analytic and administrative tasks relating to Project Scoping, Screening Analyses, Generator Interconnection, Facilities Studies, IA negotiation and Strategic Initiatives.
- Represent Geronimo and/or renewable energy at appropriate industry conferences and meetings.
- Interface with Customers and Stakeholders to achieve successful Project creation and implementation.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Electric Engineering technology, Engineering degree, or equivalent Electric Industry experience.
- 2 years electric or renewable energy industry experience with degree.
- 4 years electric or renewable energy industry experience without degree
- Skills/ Personal Attributes:
- Persevering, team player, task oriented, takes ownership
- Strong management skills
- Achievement driven
- Creative Thinker and problem solver
- Loyal and committed to the organization
- In pursuit of personal growth
- Ability to work as part of team and lead one
Geronimo Energy, a National Grid company is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. Geronimo Energy, a National Grid company is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the Geronimo Energy team.