Reporting to VP of Operations
In 2019 shoppers will spend $400m shopping through Giving Assistant’s platform, transforming their everyday shopping into charitable giving.
We are a fast growing, social-mission driven, Certified B Corporation that makes “giving back” easier and more rewarding for shoppers, nonprofits and consumer brands alike.
Through our partnerships with more than 3,000 of the most popular, trusted consumer brands, such as Apple, Urban Outfitters and Home Depot, we’ve made it easier than ever for people to generate free donations to their favorite nonprofit organizations, while shopping at their favorite stores.
To date, our platform has generated nearly $6 million in donations for tens of thousands of U.S. nonprofits.
To transform everyday shopping into charitable giving.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Work Smart, Live Well
- Do More with Less
- Be a Team Player
- Uphold Integrity & Transparency
- Inspire Giving
- Own the Experience
Giving Assistant is looking for a highly skilled Marketing Director who understands marketing strategy, in-depth analysis, efficient execution and budget management to run our marketing efforts and team. Working collaboratively, you will build highly-effective marketing campaigns, executing across our platforms and channels, to target our ideal customer and drive retail partner sales. You will also be responsible for brand consistency as well as demand gen, lead gen, user acquisition, and activation of our ideal customer.
Our Marketing Director will oversee the following digital marketing channels: email, content, social media, influencer, media, referral and general brand marketing. Working with external agencies and internal stakeholders, you will help develop a strong brand and support paid acquisition strategies.
- Oversee the marketing department, including managing resources, developing strategy and ensuring successful execution.
- Develop and implement strategic marketing efforts across departments.
- Effectively communicate marketing efforts; Monitor and report progress to stakeholders.
- Build and execute digital marketing plans to acquire, activate, engage and retain target market, at scale.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target market and user personas through customer research and available data.
- Develop and manage integrated strategies across key digital channels, including: website, email, social, content, influencers, media, referral and paid ads to ensure goals are met.
- Working with key stakeholders and branding agency, develop Giving Assistant brand and subsequent brand marketing messaging and initiatives to generate brand awareness.
- Working with Partnerships, develop and manage integrated partner (paid) campaigns across channels that deliver strong ROAS for our partners and add value to our members.
- Working with Email Marketing, optimize our email channel though segmentation and personalization to drive sign ups, repeat purchases and referrals.
- Working with Product and Data, develop a CRO program to optimize our top of funnel for acquisition, activation, and retention.
- Working with Paid Acquisition agency, collaborate on and support paid acquisition strategies, including but not limited to SEM, Facebook/display advertising, and retargeting, with scalable CAC and ROI in mind.
- Manage internal and external resources, including hiring and onboarding, setting priorities, tracking performance, monitoring budget, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Be the subject matter expert for all things digital marketing and share emerging best practices in these fields.
- 8+ years applicable overall digital marketing experience
- 5+ years experience driving integrated marketing communications strategies across various platforms and channels, including (but not limited to) content, email, social.
- 3+ years proven experience managing teams, developing strong relationships and producing positive results
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work collaboratively with global, cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams
- Well-developed time management and prioritization skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to interpret data to derive actionable insights; experience working with a multi-touch attribution vendor a plus
- Technically savvy with a pulse on trends and innovations within AdTech and the digital marketing landscape
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects with tight deadlines, especially during key seasonal periods
- Be technically-inclined and eager to learn our products and competitor products inside and out.
- A passion for Brand Marketing, a huge plus
- Experience with CRO, a huge plus
- Affiliate Marketing experience, a plus
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
- A competitive annual salary that factors location in and experience
- Stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Stipend for continuing education
- Have a measurable positive impact on society
- Work with a team of passionate professionals (and a few dogs!) in a new, beautiful & environmentally friendly skyscraper.
- Employer-sponsored 401K
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, plus health and dependent care FSAs
- Cash back donation matching
- Quarterly company retreats and volunteer activities
- Audible membership
- Work from home Fridays
- Weekly company social