Who are we?
We are a small team dedicated to helping people improve mobility. We make semi-custom orthotic insoles to increase comfort and performance. Our products are sold through a variety of channels. We believe that the biggest rewards come from the biggest challenges and that meritocracy and collaboration are vital for success.
We are looking for a creative, energetic, Director of Marketing to join our growing organization. This position will be responsible for optimizing all brand touch-points, with an emphasis on digital. Your ability to build the brand through connection and storytelling will grow Tread Labs in a substantial way. Your role is critical for our success.
Who are you?
You enjoy working where your efforts have significant impact. You routinely stretch your comfort zone and are able to pick yourself up after a fall. Collaborating with others is inherent to your work style and necessary for learning. You understand the relationship between autonomy, responsibility and accountability. You prefer a smaller company where your influence can be big. You don't mind getting your hands dirty as you build your team. You can pull rabbits out of hats.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Marketing Management - Use your skills and judgement to increase sales and brand growth. Create and execute plans, budgets and timelines, achieving revenue and margin growth.
- Channel Strategies - Tread Labs has many opportunities to reach consumers. Online direct and affiliate sales, healthcare referrals, B2B wholesale and others. Collaborate to identify the best opportunities and prioritize resources in those channels.
- Team Building - As we grow, you will be responsible for growing the marketing department.
- Online Marketing
- Website - Increase traffic and conversion rates through content creation, search engine optimization (SEO), and conversion rate optimization (CRO). Tread Labs uses Shopify and associated apps for our eCommerce and blogging platform.
- Affiliate Sales - Manage and grow our list of affiliates. Work closely with them to optimize sales.
- Social Media - Manage content creation and build community, increase traffic and generate sales.
- Email - Design effective email campaigns using automated software to create segmented flows.
- Analytics - Use Google Analytics, Search Console and other software to assess progress, inform strategy and track KPIs.
- Advertising - PPC, re-targeting, display - scale as appropriate and optimize for cost of conversion.
- PR and Outreach - Craft strategies and manage content creation to tell the Tread Labs story through printed and digital properties.
- Work with sales to identify best trade-show and conference opportunities
- Participate in events to showcase Tread Labs and build brand awareness and sales.
- Build on our current style guide to tell the brand story to both B2B and B2C segments.
- Work with our graphics designer to create printed materials including: brochures, sell sheets, posters, POP displays, mailings and all other visual tools.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful track record creating and executing short and long term sales and marketing strategies
- Bachelor/Master's degreee in marketing, digital communication or related firld
- 6+ years experience in digital marketing, marketing management, brand management or related fields
- Proven success with PPC, SEO, SEM and CRO - hands on or with outside resources
- Familiarity with analytical tools, specifically - Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEM Rush, Google Data Studio
- Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Shopify and associated apps
- Ability to edit HTML and CSS
- Experience with consumer products, especially footwear
Interested? Please apply through our hiring portal. We're dying to hear from you.