9954 Mayland Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23233
|Title: Director Marketing Operations
|Location: Ridge, VA 23233
|Job Code: JR0020471
The Director of Marketing Operations will stand up a new cross-functional team within the Marketing department.
This leader will manage large-scale, high-complexity programs and projects for Marketing, as well as provide a Center of Excellence support for all operational needs within the department. From program managing our National Sales Conference and annual Leadership Meeting to the development and governance of our annual marketing plans, this role will drive our marketing agenda forward for Medical-Surgical and across McKesson.
This role integrates activities across multiple workgroups inside Marketing, within the BU and across Enterprise. It will have direct interaction with senior leadership and will require a deep understanding of organizational objectives.
As a leader of a multi-level group of talented Marketing Operations professionals, this person owns the design of his/her organization, the curation of the talent and the structures and process needed to support all Med-Surg Marketing Operations. Roles under this person will also own/lead large-scale programs and operational functions for the Marketing department.
- Work, integrate and influence across multiple workgroups inside Marketing, across BU and with other Corporate Teams to lead large-scale, high-complexity programs for Marketing, as well as provide a Center of Excellence support for all operational needs within the department. Accountable for customer satisfaction, programs, and employees for assigned programs.
- Lead and manage a team of multi-level, talented marketing operations professionals
- Own, define and evolve processes for Marketing team including Marcom, Product and Program Marketing, Events, Segment Marketing, IT and Analytics. Own annual planning function for Marketing- including quarterly planning, governance and capacity management. “Peer group” for all work is Director - VP populations.
- Manage the program for National Sales Conference and other large-scale events- including project team development, multi-million-dollar budget, c-suite support, execution- serve as the spoke for all functions within Med-Surg for event (Marketing, PSSP, etc).
- Accountable for Marcom Operations – a subsegment within Marketing (including capacity management and review), KPI definition and review, vendor management, platform and technology management, etc.
Minimum Education and Typical Experience or Equivalent
Degree or equivalent experience.
Typically has 12+ years of professional experience and 4+ years management experience
- 4+ years people management
- 12+ years of marketing operations/project management experience for large organizations
- 12+ Experience managing multiple projects, leading cross-functionally and influencing stakeholders
- Deep expertise in program and project management, as well as leading an operations function for a company/department
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills – interpersonal, written and verbal
- Self-directed and able to autonomously lead and operate team and execute independently with minimal supervision
- Proven track record of influencing within and across organizations- preferred experience working with “C” level clients
- Demonstrated excellence in setting strategy and driving performance of a team
- Amazing presentation skills
- “One team” approach
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- An eye for an interest in agile methodologies
- Project Management certifications
- Creative problem solving
- Demonstrated data and analytical skills
- Healthcare experience
- Knowledge/experience in marketing, event management, sales organizations
- Event and production expertise with examples of large-scale (3,000+ attendees) events
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to use this employer's online application form.