Reporting to the Senior Director, the Director - Native Ad Studio is responsible for managing a Native Marketing studio that will service Cox Media Group’s Newspaper, Radio and Television properties.
This role is responsible for ensuring that a team supports the growth in revenue and profitability of this important line of Digital products. This leader will oversee Native advertising for the entire organization. Specifically, we are looking for someone who:
- Can take a vision and make it a reality
- Can begin to imagine solutions almost right away
- Can select and build a team of equally imaginative and results driven producers
- Can persuade others to see a vision and work toward achieving it
- Has passion for the kind of storytelling that can’t help but go viral
- Possesses the drive to pull it off
- Thrives on insane deadlines
The Director - Native Ad Studio Products is also responsible for solidifying CMG’s Native products, as well as developing new products based on market requirements. The Director - Native Ad Studio will be a key member of the CMGdigital team at Cox Media Group. S/he will possess a deep understanding of Digital Publisher’s Owned and Operated advertising strategy and associated trends. The Director will act as the key product champion internally and will have the ability to shepherd ideas from conception to implementation. The Director will be focused on internal and external marketing of CMG TV’s Owned and Operated Native Ad Products. This role will partner closely with the Digital Audience and Content teams, as well as the Cox Media Group Technology team.
There will be brainstorming, storyboarding, filming, sharing, editing, trying and trying again. Being successful in the job will require you to imagine and create original content. It will also require impeccable skills of collaboration that allow you to pull resources together across all of Cox Media Group’s various divisions.
The leader will also oversee all aspects of an emerging OTT and digital video production team.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional business, communication and leadership skills. The Director will collaborate with internal customers and third-party vendors to move Native Ad Products through the product development lifecycle. The right candidate will have the ability to build strong relationships and effectively manage products and processes across multiple departments. S/he will assist with concept development, create high-level business requirements based on internal and external customer needs, build light business cases and project manage all inbound activity related to content production, which includes text, video, digital creative, and more.
- Can easily switch from macro to micro: from understanding the strategic value and business dynamics of an organization’s product or service, to finessing concepts and ideas at a smaller level.
- Function as the bridge between the sales and content sides of the organization.
- Act as coach, advocate and champion for the Native advertising products
- Facilitate identification and selection of new Native product and services vendors
- Evaluate technologies and engage resources to drive decisions regarding the Native line of products
- Work closely with CMGT to plan, implement and enhance technical solutions to support ad products
- Manage vendor relationships including monitoring SLAs, overall performance and quality of service
- Build monetization models for Native and Content Advertising products
- Evaluate strategies to maximize bottom line revenue and build efficiencies with Owned and Operated
- Conduct research, surveys, and field visits to understand requirements for target market segments
- Work with the Sales and Strategy team to identify and act on priorities
- Regularly review and re-evaluate competitive landscape comparing features, pricing, design and overall competitiveness; monitor share trends (competitors vs. CMG)
- Engage CMG markets to collect feedback including innovations and enhancements
- Drive the roadmap with market demand, monetization and ROI in mind
- Advocate on behalf of markets with selected vendors including issue resolution and product enhancement requests including feature ideas, product capabilities and new categories
- Identify, define, prioritize, and present solutions for CMG product opportunities, issues, defects and risks
- Develop / validate / maintain value proposition for products with markets
- Provide marketing collateral and training materials
- Educate local sales teams on products in collaboration with in-field resources (Digital Sales Manager, Digital Specialist, Digital Campaign Manager)
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for interface with local sales to ensure common understanding of product strategy, key features, and explanations
- Represent the voice of the customer (both field and advertiser) to CMG management
- Work with Digital Strategy Team to align and integrate Native and Content opportunities and M&A assets
- Build reputation as a Thought Leader within your industry by demonstrating product expertise, speaking at conferences, and publishing white papers and articles, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism or related field required, or equivalent in experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with Native Advertising and/or Content Marketing advertising
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with Native and Content Marketing vendors.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with editorial environments and/or newsrooms.
- Solid business acumen with exceptional knowledge of marketing, sales, and development processes
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated history of technology-based innovation and problem solving; high use of mobile and social media required
- Ability to develop strong, working relationships across all CMG levels and deliver solid results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated bias for customer service
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders and constituents
- 50% travel expected during steady-state