|Title: Director, Marketing & Communications
|Location: Overland Park, KS
Seeking Leaders to Take the Gospel to Women Worldwide
Do you have a heart to share the Gospel? Are you burdened to help women start a relationship with the God of the Universe through His Son Jesus Christ? Are you the kind of person who likes to grow a movement?
Are you looking for us?
We are looking for you!
We are looking for people who will grow with us, those with a passion for the Gospel and an insightful knowledge how to reach their nonbelieving peers—through social media, small groups, in one-on-one situations—whatever it takes. Learn more about us at www.stonecroft.org
Job Title: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Brief Description of Position: The Director of Marketing and Communications oversees all internal and external marketing and communications for the organization. Primary areas of responsibility include brand management and strategy, creative development, copywriting and editorial, design services, management and oversight of organization website, and audio and video production. This Director is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing marketing and communication strategies, achieving the goals set for this area, and ensuring dissemination of and adherence to Stonecroft’s established brand strategy.
Reports To: President/CEO
Classification: Full Time Exempt
- The starting pay range for this position is $60,000 to $68,000 / year
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Dedicated and passionate staff
Supervises: Marketing and Communications Department staff, related vendors and freelancers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage corporate communications to staff and volunteers to effectively and efficiently achieve communications objectives. Identify most effective method, timing, and type of information delivery to achieve goals. Provide editorial assistance for communications created by other staff members as needed to achieve communications goals.
Develop and ensure adherence to brand standards and copy guidelines. Determine and execute system by which staff and volunteer communications reflect Stonecroft’s brand strategy. Work with volunteers and international partners to effectively represent Stonecroft brand. Ensure brand consistency in all marketing and communications efforts.
- Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives, and are an effective expenditure of resources.
- Define and direct marketing and communications programs for brand awareness, demand creation, lead generation, and other volunteer/donor needs to support Field (potential new volunteers), Stewardship (potential donors), Women’s Connection (donors and volunteers), and the overall ministry.
- Oversee development of all marketing and communications efforts including public relations, advertising, white papers, trade shows, seminars and events collateral materials, videos, YouTube channel, website design and development, and social media.
- Develop and maintain repository of all marketing materials and PR. Use to further the interest of Stonecroft as required via PR/advertising, etc.
- Provide marketing materials as required to support Stonecroft hubs as well as national and local outreaches.
- Provide editorial review and design for all Stonecroft Bible Studies, resources, and Outreach/Field projects.
Resource Development and Sales
- Establish a resource profit center that supports evangelism and contributes to income.
- Identify potential new resources for sale to that both further the ministry and provide financial payback. Create new resources for sale in conjunction with Women’s Connection and Outreach departments. Document yearly resource development plan.
- Develop/produce, market, manage, and sell all Stonecroft resources.
- Prepare resource sales and marketing plans.
- Market existing and new resources within and outside of Stonecroft to increase revenue.
- Maintain established partnerships with CBD, Amazon, Harvest House. Develop new partnerships when cost effective and rework contracts as necessary to reduce costs/increase income.
- Reduce indirect and direct costs where possible.
- Achieve annual budgeted income in resource sales.
- Design international resources as needed.
- Create an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance of communications and marketing efforts.
- Work with outside strategic marketing consultant to adjust strategies on a regular basis to achieve goals.
Annual Plan Development and Execution
- Work with CEO and Leadership Team to create and update Strategic and Annual Plans on a regular basis.
- Develop departmental plans and budget to support Annual Plan goals.
- Accomplish Annual Plan Goals.
- Ensure that all direct reports understand the Annual Plan and their responsibilities in it.
- Manage direct reports to accomplish Annual Plan goals. Report regularly on progress to CEO.
- Execute Annual Plan activities within budget.
- Collaborate with the President/CEO and other Leadership Team members to provide leadership to the organization.
- Participate in all Leadership Team and Board of Directors meetings as needed.
- Keep the CEO informed on key issues affecting the ministry.
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team for communication, ministry and donor development.
- Meet regularly with and conduct yearly reviews for each individual in the department.
- Work with the CEO and Director of Operations for the hiring, firing, training, and development of direct reports.
- Follow policies and procedures stated in the Stonecroft Staff Handbook.
- Operate department within Executive Boundaries and provide appropriate documentation.
- Represent Stonecroft Ministries at internal and external events, as requested.
- Build, develop, and manage communications and marketing team capable of carrying out needed strategies. Utilize outside support as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed by the CEO.
- A personal and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ which is naturally communicated through words and actions.
- Demonstrated commitment to evangelism.
- Management experience in a secular workplace.
- Experience creating and executing plans which include goals and applicable tactics.
- Proven experience leading staff and volunteers; commitment to delegation and team work.
- Overall ability to organize and coordinate work to accomplish established goals within a budget.
- Proven track record and ability to develop and manage quality successful marketing and communications programs and staff that are relevant to target market.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate strategically in the areas of marketing and brand management.
- Proven experience managing the creation of high quality design for marketing collateral and videos.
- Understanding of modern design and development process to create high-quality output.
- An eye for detail and excellence in the area of design and marketing communications.
- Demonstrated understanding of the technologies required to market and communicate via the Internet.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, particularly marketing communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Five years minimum of professional leadership experience in marketing / communications using print, video, and Internet technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, maturity, good judgment, and capability of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Must be able to communicate with people face-to-face, by telephone and email, in large events, as well as respond to questions in a group setting.
- Sits for long periods of time while operating computer.
This job description is a general guide for work behavior and is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Therefore, it is also not, nor can it be implied to be, a contract of employment. The contents of this job description may be changed without notice, and employment may be terminated by either party at will.
Location: Overland Park, KS
|How to Apply:
Please click here to create a free TalentZoo.com account and post your resume. Only logged in job seekers can apply for a job.