Sure - you could keep working within the suffocating confines of a bureaucratic organization… and remain perpetually unfulfilled.
But wouldn’t you rather leave the complex processes behind for a team that creates something meaningful for clients?
The future of digital is BIG. And here’s your chance to shape it.
We’re looking for a digital expert who’s not afraid to forge a new path - who’s ready to satisfy the entrepreneurial longing that’s always been in the back of your mind.
With us, you’ll define the lens that industry leaders should look through, paint a picture of their current challenges and develop strategic workshops that lead them to a future they never thought possible.
If you’re self-directed, self-motivated, and self-managing - the intrapreneurial type - keep reading.
We’re a scrappy (see the urban dictionary definition) team that passionately and deeply cares...about our people, our industry, our service and our clients. We’re a Small Giant - choosing to be great instead of big.
At Explainify, we help forward-thinking marketing leaders simplify their story and get the audience to take action. We believe video is the best way to connect and engage with that story.
You know all those crappy corporate videos that make you cringe?
We don’t make those. Ours are power-packed with clear explanation and buyer psychology that drives real action. Not to mention, they look pretty fantastic.
About the Job:
- Rapidly learn to become the subject matter expert on B2B video and how it supports client’s overall business strategy.
- Research and develop “lens”, framework, and measurement model for how businesses should use video.
- Identify where our client’s greatest opportunities lie, contextualize best practices and define a clear plan for optimal solutions to their biggest problems.
- Develop and lead compelling video strategy workshops for senior leaders.
- Collaborate with our sales team by brainstorming big ideas, strategies and new products. Be the pre-sales consultant.
- Create the industry’s best, thought-provoking content for Explainify (written and video).
This full-time position will work from the Explainify office in Fayetteville, Arkansas (voted top small city to live in; Google it).
- 5+ years of impressive strategy experience
- Driven, fast learner that doesn’t expect hand-holding or a support team
- Recent experience in an execution role. Proactive and resourceful
- Entrepreneurial spirit—loves to embrace new opportunities and make things happen in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Sense. Of. Humor
- Incredibly comfortable with regularly creating & presenting content to enterprise level clients. Professional, experienced communicator
- Happy to travel to clients 1-3x per month
- Intensity/ passion for products and technical knowledge balanced by strong listening skills/ empathy to help clients get the right solution
- Visionary, but grounded in reality; research-informed approach
- Capable of building from scratch, without existing report structures, deliverable templates, etc
- Ambitious and ready to own the role, but still coachable and collaborative
- You likely have past career experience in one of the following:
- Digital Strategy
- Content Strategy
- Buyer's journey
- User testing
What you gain:
Well here's the good stuff:
- Above market pay
- 4 weeks paid vacation plus paid holidays
Then there's the great stuff:
- Getting to blaze an entirely new path for a great, young company that people become raving fans of
- Feel challenged again (you know it's been a while since you've felt that rush)
- Growth within yourself and the organization
- Working with people who know who you are and care about you as a person (this isn’t just a platitude)
- Your ideas matter. We don’t care where the best idea came from as long as we put the best solution in place
- Open leadership style - talk to our founder directly at any time and let him know what you think
- You’ll be working in the two greatest markets in the world... video & technology
What you lose:
- The corporate politics of your current and past jobs
- The lack of an exciting new challenge every single day
- The cutthroat, backstabbing and being thrown under the bus
- Some traditional benefits
- Being anonymous in a giant organization. Being lost in the crowd sucks
- Having to be dressed up every day. We’re pretty casual and creative ‘round here
If you think this position is a right-fit for you, please apply now. Don't forget your video explaining why you were born to do this role. This is your first test, padawan.