|Title: Digital Media Planner & Buyer
|Location: Winston Salem, NC
|At Wildfire, our strategy team is structured to oversee all communications planning, consumer insights, research, strategic planning, and social/digital strategy projects. We believe that bringing disciplines together into a tight-knit, efficient group leads to a more holistic approach to the process and drives truly effective and breakthrough work.
As part of that team, the Digital Media Planner/Buyer helps plan, execute, and report on campaigns across all digital media channels. You’ll report to the Chief Strategy Officer and support a wide variety of Clients across categories and budget levels. This is a client-facing as well as analytical role, and you will be regularly presenting to and communicating with Clients on campaign results.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about new and emerging digital media channels, targeting opportunities, and innovative approaches. The right candidate will be comfortable planning, executing, and reporting on campaigns. In addition, this position would occasionally manage third-party media vendors and lead the charge for researching insights and opportunities for Client challenges.
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of Clients’ businesses, and marketing objectives, as it pertains to digital media.
- Author and present digital media plans and campaign reports for Clients. Analyze performance metrics within Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Ad Manager, etc. Be able to clearly identify KPIs, articulate why those were chosen for the specific campaign objective, how they are measured, and provide monthly/quarterly/annual reporting to the team (both internal and Client) on successes and failures.
- Execute and monitor all digital media campaigns. Comfortably analyze results based on campaign KPIs and identify/suggestion opportunities for optimizations to better reach Client objectives.
- Monitor status of all digital media project progression—tracks timelines and coordinates resources for development of creative assets according to media plans with Account Managers and creative team. Keep account team (and Clients) abreast of digital media flighting and creative rotations, changes in targeting strategies or opportunities throughout campaigns, updates in creative digital platform ad specs, etc.
- Oversee and manage an Assistant Media Planner.
- Coordinate media authorizations/invoices and accurately track Clients’ media budgets and expenses by channel. Maintain budget reconciliation reports, using Agency’s systems and procedures.
- Become an expert in utilizing and analyzing Agency research resources/tools and business-related data provided by Client.
- Proactively self-educate regarding new digital, social, and cultural media opportunities/channels to better Clients’ businesses.
- Provide expert digital media expertise and recommendations to the new business team during pitches and proposal development for digital media projects.
- Partner with agency’s Account Managers and Director of Strategy to write case studies on successful digital media campaigns.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and lateral thinking.
- Strong understanding of how to evaluate digital media plans over time, track campaign performance, and optimize within digital media channels.
- Experience with Google AdWords and Google Analytics, Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn ad platforms, and/or other digital media buying & analysis platforms.
- Familiarity with programmatic buying, geo-fencing, native advertising, look-alike targeting, Facebook pixel targeting, and other digital targeting approaches and opportunities.
- Significant ability to utilize Google Analytics and other analytic platforms to evaluate media effectiveness, build audiences, and set up/ensure proper tracking of campaign conversions.
- Strong understanding of paid search/PPC advertising (predominantly Google and Bing).
- Possess outstanding organizational skills and handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exhibit initiative, problem-solving mentality and decision-making ability.
- Passion for learning and strong sense of curiosity.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to derive insights and opportunities from media performance data.
- Ability to comfortably speak about digital media channels and tactics at both a technical level as well as a Client-friendly approach.
- Ability to work within a team and independently as needed.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Experience with social listening, MRI, CommScore, PRIZM, SEM Rush, Keyword Planner, Google Data Studio, Google Tag Manager and/or other media and research tools a plus.
- Google Adwords or Analytics certification a plus.
- 5+ years advertising agency experience, with at least 3 years in digital media planning/buying.
|How to Apply:
Register for a Job Seeker account to post your resume, track your online applications and searches, receive newsletters and customizable job alerts. Click here for a free TalentZoo.com Job Seeker Account. You can click here to submit your resume via email to this employer.