The Cox Media Digital Marketing Strategist partners directly with Sales and Sales Services with the sole focus of working one-on-one with top segment clients to develop customized digital marketing strategies and solutions to grow and protect revenue within that portion of the market. With Sales, he/she consults with high growth, high potential clients to recommend sophisticated, multi-screen, customized solutions that match Cox Media products, available market research, and best practices in digital marketing tactics to help them achieve their goals. In addition, the incumbent develops, executes, and is accountable for the results of customized digital marketing solutions.
Internal clients are primarily the Sales team, but there is interaction with other departments as well. The role requires a fast pace of work, as well as responding to multiple demands and high pressure in order to deliver research results to accommodate others’ schedules and priorities. This is a budget-driven position that includes pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals. Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to clients’ locations within the system is expected. Depending on the market, the incumbent may be required to travel 10-20% of the time. He/she maintains contact with external clients by phone and in person, may be called upon to participate in client presentations, and may occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours. The Strategist collaborates with and assigns work to others with no formal organizational authority.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Partners with sales consultants on presentations and proposals to ensure that clients receive the appropriate mix of digital media products, services and rates to meet their business needs.
- Partners with sales leadership and sales consultants in the development and achievement of digital media strategies and product revenue budgets.
- Identifies specific client needs and objectives and matches Cox Media products to develop highly customized solutions and marketing campaigns.
- Holds shared accountability with sales and marketing leaders to develop digital marketing strategies that create awareness and engagement, while driving increased purchasing among high growth, high potential clients.
- Develops, executes, and adjusts strategies for monetizing Cox Media and CCI programs and events to deliver results to clients.
- Continually tracks digital media metrics to ensure growth of the utilization of the full product set.
- Conducts continuous research on the latest industry trends, preliminary tests and consumer behavior analysis.
- Develops digital media sales materials to market appropriate services and opportunities to buyers of advertising at local, regional and national retail accounts and advertising agencies in support of departmental sales efforts.
- Drive sales, packaging and launch of digital media efforts.
- Develops digital media opportunities to drive new revenue.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to the sales team and top-tier clients on all Cox Media digital products, their respective value propositions, and how to demonstrate their impact to various marketing needs.
- Builds an effective consultative relationship with clients to ensure client satisfaction and develop future business opportunities.
- Partners with Marketing Analyst(s) and Marketing Communications Specialist(s) to author a story which illustrates how each would benefit the client.
- Tracks campaign results and prepares comprehensive campaign recaps to communicate return on investment to clients.
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox Media and competitor services. In addition, the incumbent remains fully knowledgeable of Cox Media solutions, as well as marketing and consultative selling techniques. This can be accomplished through attending strategic and/or development meetings with Cox Media colleagues.
- 7 or more years of experience required in related field OR 5 or more years of experience if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- External - 4 years’ minimum marketing or sales experience required, including 2+ years’ digital product experience; Cable ad sales management experience preferred; Experience in development of marketing campaigns; Strategic planning and analysis experience
- Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 1-year media research experience
- 2 years’ work experience using Windows-based PCs and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, delivering customer service, expanding and advancing opportunities, functional competence, initiating action, inspiring innovation, continuous learning, producing results, and sales opportunity analysis in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e., Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management)
- 1-year digital sales, business development or sales consultation experience in a sales environment
- 2 years’ media research experience in a sales-driven organization
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for it's pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiaryof Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-NV-Las Vegas-1700 Vegas Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time